From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 922 BCE)
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||11th century BC – 10th century BC – 9th century BC|
|Decades:||950s BC 940s BC 930s BC – 920s BC – 910s BC 900s BC 890s BC|
|Years:||929 BC 928 BC 927 BC 926 BC 925 BC 924 BC 923 BC 922 BC 921 BC 920 BC|
|Births – Deaths|
Events and trends
- 928 BC—On the death of King Solomon, his son Rehoboam is unable to hold the tribes of Israel together, and the northern part secedes to become the kingdom of Israel, making Jeroboam its king. Rehoboam was left to rule the kingdom of Judah.
- 925 BC—Military conquest of Canaan by Shoshenq I.
- 922 BC—Osorkon I succeeds his father Shoshenq I as king of Egypt.
- 922 BC—Phorbas, Archon of Athens, dies after a reign of 30 years and is succeeded by his son Megacles.
- 920 BC—A transit of Venus occurs.