From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 927. For the number, see 927 (number).
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||890s 900s 910s – 920s – 930s 940s 950s|
|Years:||924 925 926 – 927 – 928 929 930|
|927 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1680|
|Chinese calendar||丙戌年 (Fire Dog)
3623 or 3563
— to —
丁亥年 (Fire Pig)
3624 or 3564
|- Vikram Samvat||983–984|
|- Shaka Samvat||849–850|
|- Kali Yuga||4028–4029|
|Japanese calendar||Enchō 5
|Minguo calendar||985 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1238/1239 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1469–1470|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 927.|
- The Chu State is founded by Ma Yin.
- Korea: Hubaekje sacks the Silla capital of Gyeongju and places King Gyeongsun on the throne.
- Hubaekje and Goryeo forces fight near Daegu; the Goryeo army is routed.
- Peter I succeeds Simeon the Great on the throne of Bulgaria, and is recognised as Tsar by the Byzantine Empire.
- July 12 – After a long process of annexations, the various small kingdoms within what is now England are unified by King Aethelstan, creating the Kingdom of England.
- August 15 – The ancient city of Taranto, in southern Italy, is destroyed by the Saracens.
- A Hungarian army fights in Rome, helping margave Peter against pope John X. Then the Hungarians go to southern Italy and conquer the cities of Taranto and Oria.