|Categories||Fashion, entertainment, lifestyle|
944 Magazine was a regional fashion, entertainment and lifestyle publication that operated in the United States from 2001 to 2011.
The original 944 Media company was founded in Phoenix in 2001 by Marc Lotenberg. Later it became part of 944 Media based in Los Angeles.
In March 2009, 944 Media announced acquisition of Six Degrees, a competing upscale lifestyle magazine, with editions in Atlanta, Detroit, Miami and Las Vegas as well as its web portal. By October of that year, 944 Media ceased publication of Six Degrees and launched two new editions of 944 magazine to penetrate the Atlanta and Detroit markets. In April 2010 the tenth edition of the magazine was started for Dallas.
In April, 2010 944 Media, LLC. declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy in United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, Los Angeles Division (Case No. 2:10-23240-AA). 944 Media, LLC. was represented by Landau Gottfried & Berger LLP. 
On June 1, 2011, 944 announced that they had published their last issue and would shut the business permanently.
- ^ a b Caysey Welton (June 7, 2011). "944 Magazine Folds with June Issue". Folio Mag. Retrieved November 14, 2015.
- ^ a b "944 Magazine Launches Dallas Edition". Publishing Executive. April 13, 2010. Retrieved August 5, 2020.
- ^ "944 Media Acquires Six Degrees Magazine". Reuters. 10 March 2009. Archived from the original on 8 September 2012.
- ^ "944 Media Announces the Launch of Two New Markets: 944 Atlanta and 944 Detroit" (Press release). 944 Press. 20 August 2009. Archived from the original on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 19 November 2010.
- ^ Publisher 944 Media files for bankruptcy – Las Vegas Sun
- ^ 944 Magazine Announces Last Issue | 944 Shutting Down
- 2001 establishments in Arizona
- 2011 disestablishments in California
- Defunct magazines published in the United States
- Lifestyle magazines published in the United States
- Magazines established in 2001
- Magazines disestablished in 2011
- Magazines published in Arizona
- Magazines published in Los Angeles
- Mass media in Phoenix, Arizona
- Monthly magazines published in the United States