From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 950.
|Centuries:||9th century · 10th century · 11th century|
|Decades:||920s · 930s · 940s · 950s · 960s · 970s · 980s|
|Years:||947 · 948 · 949 · 950 · 951 · 952 · 953|
|950 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1703|
|Chinese calendar||己酉年 (Earth Rooster)
3646 or 3586
— to —
庚戌年 (Metal Dog)
3647 or 3587
|- Vikram Samvat||1006–1007|
|- Shaka Samvat||871–872|
|- Kali Yuga||4050–4051|
|Japanese calendar||Tenryaku 4
|Minguo calendar||962 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1261/1262 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1492–1493|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 950.|
- The Tu'i Tonga Empire begins to form in the Pacific Ocean.
- The Later Han in China falls.
- Sayf al-Daula leads 30,000 men in a raid into Byzantine Anatolia. He defeats Bardas Phokas, but is then ambushed on his return and heavily defeated by Leo Phokas.
- Duke Boleslav I of Bohemia makes peace with Otto I.
- Lothair II, king of Italy dies and his widow, Adelaide of Italy, is overthrown by an usurper, Berengar of Ivrea.
- Page with Joshua Leading the Israelites, from the Joshua Roll, is made in Constantinople. It is now kept at Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana, Rome (approximate date).
- World population is estimated to be 250 million.
- November 22 – King Lothair II of Italy
- Hywel Dda ("the Good") of Wales
- Al-Farabi, philosopher (b. 870)