From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 967. For the number, see 967 (number).
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||930s 940s 950s – 960s – 970s 980s 990s|
|Years:||964 965 966 – 967 – 968 969 970|
|967 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1720|
|Chinese calendar||丙寅年 (Fire Tiger)
3663 or 3603
— to —
丁卯年 (Fire Rabbit)
3664 or 3604
|- Vikram Samvat||1023–1024|
|- Shaka Samvat||889–890|
|- Kali Yuga||4068–4069|
|Japanese calendar||Kōhō 4
|Minguo calendar||945 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1278/1279 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1509–1510|
- The Bishopric of Merseburg is formed in Saxony, with Boso of Merseburg as its first bishop.
- Conchobar mac Tadg (Connor MacTeague) becomes King of Connacht.
- Pandulf Ironhead becomes duke of Spoleto.
- Otto II is crowned co-emperor by Pope John XIII.
- Olaf Tryggvason flees Norway with his mother, only to be attacked by Estonian Vikings.
- Dado becomes count of Pombia.
- The Khazar capital of Atil falls to the Kievan Rus (approximate date)
- Emperor Reizei ascends to the throne of Japan.
- The Cambodian temple of Banteay Srei is consecrated.
- Li Yixing becomes jiedushi of Dingnan.
- Amber, India is founded as a settlement.
- Sigrid Storrada (the Haughty), queen of Sweden and Denmark
- Bolesław I, king of Poland
- Gothelo I, duke of Lorraine
- Louis V, king of France
- Badi' al-Zamān al-Hamadhāni, Arab author
- Walter von Speyer, German poet and bishop
- Abusaeid Abolkheir, Persian Sufi
- Khottiga Amoghavarsha, Rashtrakuta warrior
- Vahram Pahlavouni, prince of Bjni and Nik
- Bertha, princess of Burgundy
- February 9 – Sayf al-Dawla, Hamdanid Emir of Aleppo
- Abu al-Faraj Ali, scholar
- Abu 'Ali Muhammad, Ilyasid ruler
- Aleramo di Savona, marquess of Montferrat
- Ashot III, prince of Taron
- Bolesław I, prince of Bohemia
- Hugh II, lord of Lusignan
- Krishna III, Rashtrakuta ruler
- Mu'izz al-Daula, first Buyid emir
- Murakami, emperor of Japan
- Vushmgir, ruler of the Ziyarids
- Wichmann the Younger, Saxon count
- Matilda, Holy Roman Empress
- Leon III, king of Abkhazia
- Hubert, margrave of Tuscany
- Dub mac Maíl Coluim, king of Alba
- Li Cheng, Chinese painter