From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Divisors||1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 24, 32, 48, 96|
- an octagonal number.
- a refactorable number.
- an untouchable number.
- a semiperfect number, since it is a multiple of 6.
- an abundant number, since the sum of its divisors is > 96.
- the fourth Granville number and the second non-perfect Granville number. The next Granville number is 126, the previous being 24.
- the sum of Euler's totient function φ(x) over the first seventeen integers.
- palindromic in bases 11 (8811), 15 (6615), 23 (4423), 31 (3331), 47 (2247) and 95 (1195)
- an Erdős–Woods number, since it is possible to find sequences of 96 consecutive integers such that each inner member shares a factor with either the first or the last member.
Every integer greater than 96 may be represented as a sum of distinct super-prime numbers.
- Ninety Six, South Carolina
- Ninety Six District, a historical judicial and military district of colonial America which extended through North and South Carolina
- Ninety Six National Historic Site, in Ninety Six, South Carolina, derives its name from the original settlement's distance in miles from a Cherokee village in the Blue Ridge Mountains
- The song “96 Tears" by garage rock band Question Mark and the Mysterians
- "96", a song by Uverworld, a Japanese band.
- "96 Quite Bitter Beings", a song recorded by rock band CKY
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2016)|
- The atomic number of curium, an actinide.
- Messier 96, a magnitude 10.5 spiral galaxy in the constellation Leo
- The New General Catalogue object NGC 96, a spiral galaxy in the constellation Andromeda
In other fields
- An Australian soap opera, Number 96.
- Class of '96 was a short-lived Fox drama series which aired in 1993
- 96 dpi, the standard resolution of the monitor of an IBM-compatible computer running Microsoft Windows
- The number of surat Al-Alaq in the Qur'an
- According to Gurdjieff's Fourth Way symbolism, the number of the Moon level
- The 96th United States Congress met January 1979 to January 1981 during the last two years of President Jimmy Carter's administration
- The 96th Infantry Division (United States) was a unit of the United States Army in World War II
- German submarine U-96, a German U-boat during World War II and subject of the film Das Boot
- The Saab 96 car produced from 1960 to 1966
- STS-96 Space Shuttle Discovery Mission launched May 27, 1999
- Mars 96 was a Russian orbiter launched in 1996
- The designation of American Interstate 96, a freeway in Michigan
- U.S. Route 96 is a north-south route in Texas
- Four New York City Subway stops along 96th Street in Manhattan:
- 96th Street (Manhattan)
- A warrior clan system 96 clans Marathas
- 96 Was the number of deaths in Hillsborough Disaster in Sheffield, England
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 96 (number).|
- "Sloane's A000567 : Octagonal numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- "Sloane's A033950 : Refactorable numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- "Sloane's A005114 : Untouchable numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- "Sloane's A059756 : Erdős-Woods numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-28.