From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 985.
|985 by topic|
|Ab urbe condita||1738|
|Balinese saka calendar||906–907|
|Chinese calendar||甲申年 (Wood Monkey)
3681 or 3621
— to —
乙酉年 (Wood Rooster)
3682 or 3622
|- Vikram Samvat||1041–1042|
|- Shaka Samvat||906–907|
|- Kali Yuga||4085–4086|
|Japanese calendar||Eikan 3 / Kanna 1
|Minguo calendar||927 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1296/1297 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1527–1528|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 985.|
- Rajaraja Chola I (considered by many as the greatest Emperor of the Chola Empire) becomes the Chola Emperor, and brings in another golden era of Tamils and of the Chola dynasty.
- July 6 – Barcelona is sacked by troops of Almanzor.
- Greenland is colonized by Icelandic Viking Erik the Red (the date is according to legend, but has been established as at least approximately correct – see History of Greenland).
- Lady Wulfruna founds the town that later becomes the city of Wolverhampton.
- Henry the Wrangler is restored as Duke of Bavaria.
- Cnut the Great (approximate) (d. 1035)
- Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah, later sixth Fatimid Caliph in Egypt
- Radbot, Count of Habsburg (d. 1045)
- Gisela of Hungary, saint and queen consort of Hungary
- Maria of Amalfi, duchess regnant of Amalfi
- July 20 – Antipope Boniface VII (b. c.930)
- Kishi Joō, Japanese Waka poet and lady of the court (b. 929)
- Boissonade, B. "Les premières croisades françaises en Espagne. Normands, Gascons, Aquitains et Bourguignons (1018-1032)". Bulletin Hispanique. 36 (1): 5–28. doi:10.3406/hispa.1934.2607.