From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 985. For the number, see 985 (number).
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||950s 960s 970s – 980s – 990s 1000s 1010s|
|Years:||982 983 984 – 985 – 986 987 988|
|985 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1738|
|Chinese calendar||甲申年 (Wood Monkey)
3681 or 3621
— to —
乙酉年 (Wood Rooster)
3682 or 3622
|- Vikram Samvat||1041–1042|
|- Shaka Samvat||907–908|
|- Kali Yuga||4086–4087|
|Japanese calendar||Eikan 3 / Kanna 1
|Minguo calendar||927 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1296/1297 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1527–1528|
- July 6 – Barcelona is sacked by troops of Almanzor.
- Greenland is colonized by Icelandic Viking Erik the Red (the date is according to legend but has been established as at least approximately correct – see History of Greenland).
- Lady Wulfruna founds the town that later becomes the city of Wolverhampton.
- Henry the Wrangler is restored as Duke of Bavaria.
- Rajaraja Chola I (considered by many as the greatest Emperor of the Chola Empire) becomes the Chola Emperor and brings in another golden era of Tamils and of the Chola dynasty.
- Cnut the Great (approximate) (d. 1035)
- Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah, later sixth Fatimid Caliph in Egypt
- Radbot, Count of Habsburg (d. 1045)
- July 20 – Antipope Boniface VII (b. c.930)
- Kishi Joō, Japanese Waka poet and lady of the court (b. 929)
- Boissonade, B. "Les premières croisades françaises en Espagne. Normands, Gascons, Aquitains et Bourguignons (1018-1032)". Bulletin Hispanique 36 (1): 5–28. doi:10.3406/hispa.1934.2607.