|Broadcast area||West Malaysia and Singapore|
|Frequency||Varies depending on its region|
|First air date||1996|
|Format||Contemporary hit radio|
|Owner||Star Publications (M) Bhd.|
|Sister stations||Suria FM|
988 FM is a Malaysian Chinese-language radio station. Its broadcast area covers West Malaysia (except Kuala Terengganu and Kota Bharu) and Singapore. It is managed by Star Rfm Sdn Bhd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Star Publications (M) Bhd. 988 began broadcasting in 1996 as a trilingual radio station, with 50% Chinese content and became a fully-fledged radio station in December 1997. In a 2015 listenership surveys done by Gfk between August and September 2015, 988 FM commands a weekly listenership of 1.7 million, which shows expansion by 30%. It is the number one Chinese-language station in the northern region of West Malaysia (Perak, Kedah, Penang and Perlis).
988 FM is currently one of Malaysia's major Chinese language radio stations, and it is one of five Chinese-language radio stations in the country, after Melody FM began broadcasting in August 2012. The station is targeted at urban and suburban listeners. It is exclusively targeted at professionals, managers and adults. 988 FM's tagline is 友声有色 (Sound of colours). 988 FM plays fresh and latest Chinese hits.
The radio station originates back to 1949, as the first commercial cable-transmitted radio stations. In 1989, 49% of the stakes in Rediffusion was acquired by Arab-Malaysian Group. It changed its name to Rediffusion Cable Network in 1991. In 1996, FM transmission was launched as a trilingual service. In December 1997, REDI-FM 98.8 was relaunched as a full-fledged Chinese radio station, ending the monopoly of the government-owned Radio 5 (now Ai FM) as the only Chinese radio station in Malaysia.
- 98.8 MHz Klang Valley/Genting Highlands/West Pahang/South Perak
- 99.8 MHz Ipoh and most of Perak state
- 101.0 MHz Taiping and Perak North
- 94.5 MHz Penang
- 96.1 MHz Kedah/Perlis/Pulau Langkawi/part of Kelantan
- 90.4 MHz Kuantan, South Terengganu and Mersing
- 93.3 MHz Negeri Sembilan
- 98.2 MHz Melaka/North Johor
- 99.9 MHz South Johor/Singapore
- 94.1 MHz Tapah, Perak
- 104.0 MHz Langkawi, Kedah
最好听 (Best To Listen, 2008-2013)
友声有色 (Sound Of Colours, 2003-2008 and since 2013-2018)
全日Pick Up 爱哟哟 (since 2019)
坚持。敢言。 坚持。好音乐 (since 2019)
- Tri-Lingual Radio For Malaysia, Censorship Exemption In Korea. Billboard. Retrieved 10 February 2014.
- "Star Radio getting louder". The Star (Malaysia). 28 November 2015. Retrieved 29 November 2015.