|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||60s 70s 80s – 90s – 100s 110s 120s|
|Years:||96 97 98 – 99 – 100 101 102|
|99 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||852|
|Chinese calendar||戊戌年 (Earth Dog)
2795 or 2735
— to —
己亥年 (Earth Pig)
2796 or 2736
|Coptic calendar||−185 – −184|
|- Vikram Samvat||155–156|
|- Shaka Samvat||21–22|
|- Kali Yuga||3200–3201|
|Iranian calendar||523 BP – 522 BP|
|Islamic calendar||539 BH – 538 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1813 before ROC
|Seleucid era||410/411 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||641–642|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 99.|
Year 99 (XCIX) was a common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Palma and Senecio (or, less frequently, year 852 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 99 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Emperor Trajan returns to Rome from an inspection of the Roman legions along the Rhine and Danube frontiers.
- Emissaries of the Kushan Empire reach Emperor Trajan.
- Richimerus I fights a battle with a combined army of Romans and Gauls at Basana near Aachen.
- Illustrated Encyclopaedia of World History. Mittal Publications. p. 1492.
- Hoeh, Herman L. (1969). Compendium of World History. Volume 2, Based on the Frankish Chronicles.