This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||Melbourne, Australia, 2008|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, United States|
Number of locations
|Australia, Europe, United States|
The company was co-founded in 2008 by Mark Harbottle and Matt Mickiewicz in Melbourne, Australia. The company opened its office in the U.S in 2010, and in 2011 99designs secured $35 million in Series A funding from Accel Partners and some angel investors.
In 2012 99designs acquired the European creative services marketplace 12designer. The following year the company established its European headquarters in Berlin and launched localised versions of its services in German, French, Spanish, Dutch and Italian. The company also acquired Brazilian design marketplace LogoChef the same year.
In 2015, the company raised $10 million in Series B funding from Recruit Strategic Partners to expand its marketplace to Japan.
- "Matt Mickiewicz: How I Started 99designs". Entrepreneur.com. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- Walsh, Robert (2008). The Web Startup Success Guide. Apress. pp. 111–112. ISBN 1430219858.
- Dubois, Lou. "Matt Mickiewicz, Co-founder of 99designs". Inc.com. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- Lacy, Sarah. "Accel Invests $35M. in 99designs…After Years of Trying". Tech Crunch. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- Empson, Rip. "99designs Makes Its First Acquisition, Scoops Up European Rival 12designer". Tech Crunch. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- Koetsier, John. "Crowdsourcing giant 99designs acquires LogoChef, continues global expansion". Venture Beat. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- Primack, Dan. "Why 99designs raised $35 million from Accel Partners". CNN. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- Ha, Anthony. "99designs Raises $10M To Bring Its Design Marketplace To Japan". TechCrunch. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "How Both Crowdsourcing and Competition Sparked 99designs". Forbes. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- "People's Voice Winner". Webby Awards. Retrieved 1 May 2014.