|Owned by||9X Media|
|9XM Live||Watch live|
9XM is an Indian Hindi music television channel, broadcast in India based in Mumbai. The channel is owned by 9X Media, an Indian television broadcaster, owned by a consortium of private equity fund investors.
9XM airs the latest Bollywood songs interspersed with jokes and anecdotes by its animated characters, such as Bade and Chote, Bheegi Billi, Badshah Bhai and The Betel Nuts. In 2010, 9XM announced its foray into the licensing and merchandising business for its popular animated characters.
The channel has also introduced a live streaming service called 9XM Live on its website.
In August 2008, 9XM launched as a free-to-air channel on Sky in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The following month, the channel was added to Freesat. 9XM was removed from Freesat on 27 August 2009 and from Sky on 24 December 2009, with the channel's Sky EPG slot purchased by Colors.
The channel returned to Sky and the UK market on 14 February 2012. On 12 October 2012, the channel closed once again citing technical difficulties, however their broadcast license had been revoked by Ofcom on 13 September following a failure to submit their returns. The channel returned on 8 November 2012, only to finally close again on 31 May 2013, following poor audience ratings.
- "9XM gets into licensing and merchandising business". afaqs!. 5 August 2010.
- "9XM launches on Sky EPG in DD India slot". Biz Asia. 14 August 2008.
- "9X & 9XM make Freesat platform launch". Biz Asia. 22 September 2008.
- "9XM makes exit from Sky Digital platform". Biz Asia. 24 December 2009.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Colors to replace 9XM on Sky". Biz Asia. 9 December 2009.
- "Confirmed: 9XM to launch on Tuesday on Sky". Biz Asia. 8 February 2012.
- "9XM abruptly removed from Sky EPG". Biz Asia. 12 October 2012.
- "9XM licence revoked due to failure to comply with Ofcom". Biz Asia. 6 November 2012.
- "9XM returns to Sky Digital EPG". Biz Asia. 8 November 2012.
- "9XM to leave Sky Digital within days". BizAsia. 22 May 2013.