9th Intelligence Squadron
|9th Intelligence Squadron|
9th Intelligence Squadron emblem
|Branch||United States Air Force|
|Part of||AF ISR Agency/548 ISRG|
|Garrison/HQ||Beale AFB, California|
The United States Air Force's 9th Intelligence Squadron (9 IS) is an intelligence unit located at Beale AFB, California. The 9 IS is associated with U-2 and Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) operations.
The 9 IS operates and maintains the $15M Deployable Shelterized System-Film (DSS-F), the Department of Defense's only mobile film processing capability, as part of the Air Force Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) architecture. The unit also processes, exploits, and disseminates broad area, high-resolution imagery collected by the U-2 to meet combatant commander requirements.
- 9th Intelligence Squadron (9 January 2003 – Present)
- 9th Intelligence Support Squadron (29 August 1991-8 January 2003)
Major Command/Field Operating Agency
- Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency (8 June 2007–Present)
- Air Intelligence Agency (1 October 1993-8 June 2007)
- Air Force Intelligence Command (1 October 1991-1 October 1993)
- 548th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group (1 December 2003–Present)
- 9th Operations Group (1 September 1991-1 December 2003)
- Air Force Outstanding Unit Award 
- 1 June 2009-1 December 2010
- 1 June 2002-1 December 2003
- 1 June 2000-31 May 2002
- 1 June 1998-31 May 2000
- 1 June 1996-31 May 1998
- 1 July 1994-30 June 1995
- 1 July 1993-30 June 1994
- 1 September 1991-30 June 1993
- "Air Force Historical Research Agency Fact Sheet: Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency". afhra.af.mil. December 28, 2010. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- "Air Force Historical Research Agency: 8th Intelligence Squadron". afhra.af.mil. June 20, 2011. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- AF FOIA Request 2009-01965, 13 July 2009
|This United States Air Force article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|