|Alma mater||Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University|
|Notable works||The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO|
Sharma worked as a litigation lawyer until age 25, when he self-published MegaLiving (1994), a book on stress management and spirituality. He initially also self-published The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, which was then picked up for wider distribution by HarperCollins.
Sharma has published 12 other books, and founded the training company Sharma Leadership International.
- Megaliving!: 30 Days to a Perfect Life (1994, ISBN 978-8172246143)
- The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari (1997, ISBN 978-8179-921623)
- Leadership Wisdom from the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari (1998, ISBN 978-1401905460)
- Who Will Cry When You Die: Life Lessons from the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari (1999, ISBN 978-8179922323)
- Family Wisdom from the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari (2001, ISBN 978-1401900144)
- The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO (2002, ISBN 978-1401900168)
- The Greatness Guide: 101 Lessons for Making What's Good at Work and in Life Even Better (2006, ISBN 978-0061238574)
- The Greatness Guide Book 2: 101 More Insights to Get You to World Class (2008, ISBN 978-1554684038)
- The Leader Who Had No Title (2010,ISBN 978-1439109137)
- The Secret Letters of the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari (2011, ISBN 978-0007321117)
- Little Black Book for Stunning Success (2016. ISBN 9788184959895)
- The 5 AM Club (2018, ISBN 978-1443456623)
- "Schulich School of Law Notable Alumni", Dalhousie University, Retrieved 2017-02-12.
- "Why millions go to this man for advice; Robin Sharma offers simple rules to live by. The hard part is living up to them every day". Victoria Times-Colonist, November 29, 2011.
- "Spiritual fable sheds light on life's big questions; Sharma's Seven Secrets". Edmonton Journal, September 23, 1997.
- "Toward a healthy lifestyle East Meets West: Meditation and yoga can be used by anyone". The Globe and Mail, March 3, 1995.
- "Sharma shows the way: Novel maps out road to happiness". Toronto Star, November 5, 2011.
- "Marketing a message: Self-publishing takes time, money, commitment". Calgary Herald, May 16, 1999.
- "In the marathon of life, some wisdom bites to help the cause". The Globe and Mail, June 21, 2006.
- "Leaders Without Titles". The Globe and Mail, March 31, 2010.