|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2012)|
|Public (AIM: atuk)|
|Founded||12 March 1999|
|Founder||Ronald Duncan, Lyn Duncan|
|Headquarters||5 Jupiter House, Calleva Park, Aldermaston, Berkshire, UK|
cloudBuy (formerly @UK plc) is an e-procurement company specialising in spend analysis and company formation, headquartered in Aldermaston, England. It provides integration, purchase-to-pay and spend analysis to a number of British public sector organisations. @UK plc has formed over 200,000 companies, for many of which it provides hosting and generated websites.
@UK plc is the only company in the UK to provide automated spend analysis at item-level detail. This came about through a three-year research collaboration with the University of Reading and Goldsmiths College, London.
In May 2006, @UK plc acquired Coding International, a coding provider that has developed the National Supplier Vocabulary (NSV) for identifying functionally unique purchases.
On 7 October 2010, Richard Benyon, the Minister for the Natural Environment and Fisheries launched its green marketplace. This is a B2B marketplace, whose products have carbon footprints, allowing for purchasers to offset their carbon. It is the largest B2B marketplace in the UK, with over a million users.
- 1 History
- 2 Overview of business
- 3 Board of Directors
- 4 Notes
- 5 External links
Overview of business
@UK plc provides the following to customers
- Cloud Generator cloud platform
- SpendInsight spend analysis
- GreenInsight and e2class green analysis
- SiteGenerator eCommerce
- email services
- company formation
- domain name registration
- green marketplace
Products and Services
@UK PLC has registered over 250,000 companies.
SiteGenerator - ecommerce
SiteGenerator provides content management, and ecommerce.
Source2Pay - eprocurement
SpendInsight has analysed 3.6 million products, and £100 billion in Spend.
GreenInsight provides automated environmental analysis based on the output from SpendInsight. SpendInsight was created with work from University of Reading and Goldsmiths College, London. GreenInsight was created by combining this work with research by the Stockholm Environment Institute at York and its commercial offshoot CenSA (Centre for Sustainable Accounting).
GreenMarketplace which uses @UK's automated and manual classification e2class to identify all the products on the @UK marketplace. Combined with CenSA's Input-Output models GreenMarketplace provides carbon footprints for all the individual products being purchased through the marketplace.
Cloud Email for business.
Domain Name Registration
Board of Directors
Ronald Duncan Chairman
Ronald Duncan co-founded @UK in 1999. Prior to @UK, he spent ten years running his own computer software consultancy, servicing projects using a range of languages and platforms. Ronald studied Physics at Cambridge and is a Chartered Physicist and Member of the Institution of Analysts and Programmers. He is a former UK downhill ski champion who competed internationally for ten years, including at two Olympics.
Lyn Duncan CEO
Lyn Duncan co-founded @UK in 1999, having gained a particular interest in the procurement field and has been actively working in this area since the late 1980s when she worked with Henley Management Consultants on a product which integrated purchasing and marketing processes. Her wider interest in technology developed when working for BT as a manager of emerging technologies such as shared computing and email into BT's corporate client base through a series of flagship business centres. Prior to founding @UK, she worked as a management consultant (both at Oasis and as an independent consultant leading on national initiatives within the NHS) gaining over ten years' experience of leading technology-driven change initiatives in the public and private sector.
David Holloway Non-Executive Director
David Holloway has over 20 years experience in IT, including working in successful start-ups. Most recently David was Chief Executive and co-founder of Codian Limited, which was set up in 2003 and sold to Tandberg in 2007 for $270M. David is now Senior Vice President of Network Products at TANDBERG ASA listed as TAA on the Oslo stock market.
Alice Morwood-Leyland Company Secretary
Alice Morwood-Leyland is a member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators and a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives. In this capacity under the Courts and Legal Services Act 1990 she is a Commissioner for Oaths. She joined @UK PLC in 2002 from a local firm of solicitors and had previously worked for NatWest International Trust Corporation in the Cayman Islands.
- "@UK PLC Company Formation Site", 21 October 2010.
- "University expertise aiding industry and saving the planet!", 26 October 2010.
- "Department of Computing helps green the nation", 27 October 2010.
- "Green Marketplace Launch 7th October", 7 October 2010.
- "Green routes to profitability", Pete Foster, The Guardian, 27 October 2010
- uk-plc.net, retrieved 12 October 2010.
- "@UK PLC Contact us", retrieved 15 October 2010.
- "@UK PLC AIM Entry". Retrieved 21 October 2010.
- "Cloud Platform announcement London Stock Exchange", retrieved 15 October 2010
- "@UK PLC Annual Report and Accounts 2009" (PDF). Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- "@UK PLC domain name registration", retrieved 2 November 2010
- "Richard Benyon Minister for Natural Environment Launches Green Marketplace", retrieved 2 November 2010.
-  "@UK PLC - 200,000 Companies Formed", 2 March 2010
-  "London Stock Exchange - Key position in emerging Platform as a Service sector", 2 December 2009
-  "@UK PLC the UK's no1 Cloud Business Platform", 2 December 2009
-  "SiteGenerator ecommerce"
-  "Source2Pay - eprocurement"
-  "REG - @UK PLC - Contract Win", 7 October 2010
- "London Stock Exchange - @UK PLC and CenSA Collaboration Agreement". 30 September 2010.
- "@UK PLC email services", retrieved 2 November 2010
- "@UK PLC Investor Relations site". Retrieved 21 October 2010.