A. A. Bondy
A. A. Bondy
A.A. Bondy performing at an L.A. firehouse, 2010
|Birth name||Auguste Arthur Bondy|
|Also known as||Scott Bondy|
|Instruments||Guitar, vocals, harmonica|
Bondy is the former lead singer and guitarist in the rock band Verbena, which he founded in the early 1990s. After the band broke up in 2003, he recorded his debut solo album, American Hearts, in a barn near his home in the Catskill mountains in Palenville, upstate New York. The album, released in 2007, marked a shift in musical direction towards a more traditional and minimalist folk sound, with Bondy playing mostly acoustic guitar and harmonica.
His second album, When the Devil's Loose, was recorded in Mississippi, and released in September 2009.
Bondy released his third album, Believers, on September 13, 2011.
Songs on TV
- "Killed Myself When I Was Young" was featured in season four of the television series Friday Night Lights and was included on the Friday Night Lights Vol. 2 soundtrack.
- "A Slow Parade" was featured in season six of the television series House.
- "Mightiest of Guns" was featured on season three of the Australian television series Packed to the Rafters.
- "When The Devil's Loose" was featured in "The Tough Man in the Tender Chicken", an episode of the series Bones.
- "There's A Reason" and "False River" were featured in the television show One Tree Hill.
- "World Without End" was featured in season three of the television series Covert Affairs.
- "Skull & Bones" was featured in season four of the television series Shameless.
- "The Heart Is Willing" was sampled at the beginning of season 3, episode 10 of Preacher.
- "A.A. Bondy Biography". CMT.
- Dearmore, Kelly (August 12, 2010). "A.A. Bondy Questions His Folk Tag". Dallas Observer.
- Lees, Jaime (February 6, 2008). "AA Bondy reinvents himself as an indie-folk artist". Riverfront Times.
|This article about a singer-songwriter from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|