This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Abraham Isaac Quintanilla III|
|Also known as|
|Born||December 13, 1963|
Wapato, Washington, United States
|Origin||Lake Jackson, Texas, United States|
Abraham Isaac Quintanilla III (born December 13, 1963), better known as A.B. Quintanilla III or A.B. Quintanilla, is an American record producer, songwriter and musician. He is the older brother of "The Queen of Tejano music" Selena. Along with Selena, his other sister Suzette, his friend Ricardo, and his father Abraham, he became a member of Los Dinos in 1980 which would later include Selena's husband (later widower) Chris Pérez as a guitarist. As a member of Los Dinos, A.B. would play bass guitar, produce and write songs for Selena which became successful singles such as "Como la Flor", "Amor Prohibido" and "No Me Queda Más".
While living in Lake Jackson, Texas, A.B. learned to play the guitar and bass. Alongside Selena, his sister Suzette, and their father, Abraham, he became a member of the successful band Los Dinos. A.B. also became Selena's producer.
A.B.'s sister, Selena, was murdered on March 31, 1995, which greatly devastated him. He helped produce "Como Te Extraño" ("How I Miss You") by Pedro "Pete" Astudillo, which was written for Selena as well as Astudillo's late grandmother. The song earned Astudillo a Premios Lo Nuestro award for Best Song of the Year in 1996.
A.B. Quintanilla later resurfaced with the Kumbia Kings, which mixed cumbia and pop music. Kumbia Kings went on an international tour, had several CD releases and participated on such shows as Cristina Saralegui's El Show de Cristina. Quintanilla also produced for such entertainers as Thalía, Alicia Villarreal, Verónica Castro and Cristian Castro.
He produced and arranged the 2004 CD, A.B. Quintanilla III Presents Joe Lopez, which includes "Cuando Estoy Contigo" ("When I Am with You") and "Soy Tan Feliz" ("I'm So Happy"), co-written by Quintanilla and Luigi Giraldo.
A.B. Quintanilla left Kumbia Kings in mid-2006 due to a controversy with member Cruz Martínez. A.B., along with new members and ex-Kumbia Kings Chris Pérez (A.B.'s brother-in-law, Selena's widower) and Pee Wee; started the group Kumbia All Starz in 2006. This new group had hits such as "Chiquilla", "Parece Que Va a Llover", and "Speedy Gonzales". The Kumbia All Starz have become immensely popular in South America, especially in Bolivia, where they are performing a series of concerts in 2014.
A.B. Quintanilla III is the oldest of the three children of Abraham Quintanilla Jr., including the late Selena Quintanilla and Suzette Quintanilla. In the movie depicting Selena's life, A.B. was played by Mexican-born American actor Jacob Vargas, while Rafael Tamayo played the part of A.B. when he was a child.
AB Quintanilla married Anjelah O. Quintanilla on September 16, 2019, 11:11pm, in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
- Albums with Selena
- Mis Primeras Grabaciones (1984)
- The New Girl in Town (1985)
- Alpha (1986)
- Muñequito de Trapo (1987)
- And the Winner Is... (1987)
- Preciosa (1988)
- Dulce Amor (1988)
- Selena (1989)
- Ven Conmigo (1990)
- Entre a Mi Mundo (1992)
- Selena Live! (1993)
- Amor Prohibido (1994)
- Dreaming of You (1995)
- Albums with Kumbia Kings
- Amor, Familia y Respeto (1999)
- Shhh! (2001)
- All Mixed Up: Los Remixes (2002)
- 4 (2003)
- Presents Kumbia Kings (2003)
- La Historia (2003)
- Los Remixes 2.0 (2004)
- Fuego (2004)
- Duetos (2005)
- Kumbia Kings Live (2006)
- Greatest Hits (2007)
- Lo Mejor De (2016)
- Albums with Kumbia All Starz
- Ayer Fue Kumbia Kings, Hoy Es Kumbia All Starz (2006)
- Planeta Kumbia (2008)
- La Vida de un Genio (2010)
- Blanco y Negro (2013)
- Éxitos en Vivo (2014)
- Albums with Elektro Kumbia
- Elektro Kumbia (2017)
- Los Dinos
- Kumbia Kings
- Kumbia All Starz
- Elektro Kumbia
- Honorific nicknames in popular music
- Music of Texas
- Music of Latin America
- "Lo Nuestro 1996". Premios Lo Nuestro. Univision. Archived from the original on October 21, 2011. Retrieved June 6, 2007.
- (No author.) "A.B. Quintanilla poses with sons for People en Espanol," People, "Moms & Babies" section, April 7, 2008.
- "Los Quintanilla's ❤️❤️ Este 16 de Septiembre Angela y yo nos casamos!!! Quería compartir esta buena noticia con toda mi gente que siempre está brindándome buenas vibras y amor!!! La verdad que hoy puedo decir que soy muy Feliz!!! Recuerden , la felicidad esta más cerca de lo te imaginas, solo tienes que buscarla!!!! @anjelah564". Instagram. September 21, 2019.