Swedish progressive rock band A.C.T in concert. Alingsås, Sweden, 16th of April 2016
|Years active||1995 - present|
|Labels||MTM, Atenzia Records, InsideOut, Avalon (Japan)|
A.C.T (Swedish pronunciation: [ækt]) is a Swedish progressive rock band formed in 1995 under the name ‘Fairyland’, in Malmö. The band has been through several personnel changes; with the current line-up featuring Herman Saming (vocals), Ola Andersson (guitar), Peter Asp (bass), Jerry Sahlin (keyboards) and Thomas Lejon (drums).
Initially under Ola Andersson on guitars, Tomas Erlandsson on drums, Jens Appelgren on vocals and Jerry Sahlin on both keyboards and drums, Fairyland was started by members of a music school in Malmö. Amongst various line-up changes, Fairlyland changed its name into A.C.T in 1995. In 1996 A.C.T first came into the public eye when it made its way to the final of a Swedish music competition, although it did not win.
In 1997 a new demo was recorded and the band toured extensively in Sweden, eventually recording its debut album, ‘Today’s Report’, released in 1999. Following the release of this album, A.C.T embarked on a Scandinavian tour with the progressive rock band Saga.
In 2001, the second album ‘Imaginary Friends’ was recorded and the band appointed Graham Collins of AAUK as their manager, which immediately resulted in the band gaining a European tour supporting Fish.
In 2006, A.C.T signed with the label InsideOut and returned with the album ‘Silence’. InsideOut has subsequently re-released the first three albums as special editions, with bonus tracks and enhanced booklets.
On December 24, 2013 the band announced, on their Facebook page, that their fifth album will be released on February 19, 2014 in Japan, and on March 5, 2014 in EUROPE/USA and on iTunes.
- Early Recordings (1996)
- Today's Report (1999)
- Imaginary Friends (2001)
- Last Epic (2003)
- Silence (2006)
- Circus Pandemonium (2014)
- Trifles and Pandemonium (2016)
- Herman Saming (lead vocals)
- Ola Andersson (lead guitar, vocals)
- Peter Asp (bass guitar, synthesizer, percussion)
- Jerry Sahlin (keyboards/vocals)
- Thomas Lejon (drums & percussion)
- Tomas Erlandsson (drums)
- Jens Appelgren (vocals)
- http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=424 ProgArchives’ A.C.T Article
- http://www.progressiveworld.net/actinterv.html A.C.T interview
- http://www.insideoutmusic.com/release.aspx?IdRelease=808 InsideOut artist page
- https://www.facebook.com/pages/ACT/43288785822 The artist's Facebook page
- A.C.T at Myspace
- A.C.T at Facebook
- A.C.T at Twitter
- (Italian) Interview with Jerry Sahlin
- A.C.T at Avalon Label (Japanese)