A.F. Mozhaysky Military-Space Academy
This article may contain excessive or inappropriate references to self-published sources. (February 2017)
A.F. Mozhaysky's Military-Space Academy (Russian: Федеральное государственное казённое военное образовательное учреждение высшего профессионального образования «Военно-космическая академия имени А. Ф. Можайского») is a Military Academy of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. It is located in Saint Petersburg. It is associated with the Russian Aerospace Defence Forces.
The Academy was established on 16 January 1712 in Moscow as a military engineering school. During the first years the facilities in the Academy were in bad position. During the reign of Catherine the Great the school was renamed to Artillery and Engineering Gentry Corps. In 1773, it acquired its own printing house. Two years later the Museum of History of housing, Library for Foreign Literature was created. In 1880, the school got the name Second Cadet Corps. Since 1955 the academy has been named after the famous Russian engineer and mechanic Alexander Mozhaysky. The Academy has been used to train GRU officers, including some of the Fancy Bear hackers.
- Hockey team 
- Faculty of design of aircraft
- Faculty of rocket and space systems management
- Department of radio-electronic systems of space systems
- Faculty of space infrastructure
- Faculty of collecting and processing information.
- Faculty of information security and computer technology
- Faculty survey support and cartography
- Faculty funds missile and space defense
- Department of automated command and control systems
- Lieutenant General Prof. Maxim Mikhailovich Penkov
- Turovsky, Daniil (November 6, 2018). "What is the GRU? Who gets recruited to be a spy? Why are they exposed so often? Here are the most important things you should know about Russia's intelligence community". Translated by Rothrock, Kevin. Meduza.
Another training grounds for GRU agents is the Alexander Mozhaysky Military Space Academy, where Alexey Morenets (the GRU agent recently accused of carrying out hacker attacks in the Netherlands) was a student.
- Official website
- "Military Engineering Institute". Holm, Soviet Armed Forces. Retrieved 1 October 2016.