A. J. Jefferson
Jefferson in the 2014 preseason.
|No. 24 Toronto Argonauts|
|Date of birth:||April 4, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Bakersfield, California|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||190 lb (86 kg)|
|High school:||Bakersfield (CA) West|
Career NFL statistics as of 2013
|Stats at NFL.com|
Anthony Ray "A. J." Jefferson Jr. (born April 4, 1988) is an American football cornerback who is currently a member of the Toronto Argonauts in the Canadian Football League (CFL). He played college football at Fresno State. He was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Arizona Cardinals in 2010.
Early life and college career
Jefferson was born and raised in Bakersfield, California and graduated from West High School of Bakersfield in 2006. Jefferson began playing football at an early age but didn't play his Jr. year of high school. Jefferson played wide receiver and defensive back and earned first-team all-area selection as defensive back. Jefferson was a high school teammate of Ryan Mathews.
|Name||Home town||High school / college||Height||Weight||Commit date|
|Bakersfield, California||West HS||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)||180 lb (82 kg)||Feb 1, 2006|
|Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 96 (school) Rivals: 83 (school)|
Jefferson was invited to the 2010 Scouting Combine and was predicted as a 4th to 5th round draft pick.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1 in||193 lb||4.34 s||1.56 s||1.55 s||4.00 s||6.72 s||44 in||10 ft 6 in||7 reps|
On August 31, 2012, the Minnesota Vikings traded for Jefferson with the Cardinals for an undisclosed number of draft picks. This trade was later finalized with Arizona receiving one 6th round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft (Tennessee's by way of Minnesota) in return for Jefferson and Arizona's 7th Round pick in 2013.
|Year||Team||GP||COMB||TOTAL||AST||SACK||FF||FR||FR YDS||INT||IR YDS||AVG IR||LNG||TD||PD|
- GP: games played
- COMB: combined tackles
- TOTAL: total tackles
- AST: assisted tackles
- SACK: sacks
- FF: forced fumbles
- FR: fumble recoveries
- FR YDS: fumble return yards
- INT: interceptions
- IR YDS: interception return yards
- AVG IR: average interception return
- LNG: longest interception return
- TD: interceptions returned for touchdown
- PD: passes defensed
- "A.J. Jefferson". Fresno State Bulldogs. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- "A.J. Jefferson". Rivals.com. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- Silva, Evan. "Vikings trade for cornerback A.J. Jefferson". Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- Gates, Christopher. "Vikings Finalize 2013 NFL Draft Selections". Retrieved January 20, 2013.
- Gantt, Darin. "Seahawks sign cornerback A.J. Jefferson". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Seahawks reach 75-man roster by making moves with injured players
- "A.J. Jefferson Stats". ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 4 May 2015.