A. J. Pero
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Anthony Jude Pero|
|Birth name||Anthony Jude Pero|
October 14, 1959|
Staten Island, New York, United States
|Died||March 20, 2015(aged 55)|
|Instruments||Drums, percussion, vocals|
|Associated acts||Twisted Sister
Circle Of Thorns
Pero went to St. Peter's Boys High School in Staten Island, but left because the faculty made him cut his hair. He then went to New Dorp High School and graduated in 1977. He was initially a jazz drummer, later gravitating to heavier music akin to Rush and Led Zeppelin. Pero worked as a taxi driver for a time, and joined Cities, a local New York City band. He joined Twisted Sister in 1981, after seeing them play at a club and being told they were in need of a drummer. Upon his departure from Twisted Sister in 1986, he re-joined Cities. He participated in the band's 1997 reunion and continued to perform with Twisted Sister until his death.
In 2007, Pero formed Circle Of Thorns with former Cities guitarist Steve Mironovich aka Steve Irons.
On March 20, 2015, Adrenaline Mob's band members attempted, but failed to wake Pero on their tour bus. The band was traveling from Baltimore to Poughkeepsie. Pero was taken to a hospital where he was declared dead from an apparent heart attack.
- "Cities Featuring Twisted Sister Drummer: Annihilation Absolute Reissued On CD". Blabbermouth. October 29, 2009. Retrieved 25 March 2010.
- "Circle of Thorns | Circle of Thorns | CD Baby Music Store". Cdbaby.com. Retrieved 2015-03-26.
- "ADRENALINE MOB Recruits TWISTED SISTER Drummer, Signs With CENTURY MEDIA". Blabbermouth. December 3, 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "A.J. Pero dies at 55; drummer for heavy metal band Twisted Sister". Los Angeles Times. Associated Press. March 20, 2015.
- "Twisted Sister Drummer A.J. Pero Dies At 55". Blabbermouth.net. March 20, 2015. Retrieved March 22, 2015.