A. G. Ramakrishnan
Angarai Ganesan Ramakrishnan
A G Ramakrishnan
ஆ க ராமகிருஷ்ணன்
|Alma mater||IIT, Madras|
|Fields||Signal Processing, Machine Learning, Language Technology|
|Institutions||Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore|
|Doctoral advisor||T M Srinivasan|
|Influences||Y V Venkatesh, Abdul Kalam, Chinmayananda, J Krishnamurti, Healer Bhaskar, Jaggi Vasudev|
Angarai Ganesan Ramakrishnan is a Professor of Electrical Engineering at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, currently, he heads the Medical intelligence and language engineering lab. He received the Manthan Award 2014 for his project, Gift of New Abilities under the category e-inclusion and accessibility. He also won the Manthan Award 2015 for his project, “Madhura - the gift of voice”, under the category, e-education, learning and employment. He is also one of the founder directors of RaGaVeRa Indic Technologies private limited. Since January 2017, he has been a Member of the Karnataka Knowledge Commission Karnataka Jnana Aayoga.
Ramakrishnan is a graduate of PSG College of Technology. He obtained his M Tech (Electrical Engineering) and Ph D (Biomedical Engineering) from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras. He is a Fellow of Institution of Engineers (India) and Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers and a Senior Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, USA. His research areas are speech processing, Speech synthesis, Optical character recognition, Handwriting recognition, Machine listening and Pattern recognition. He led a national research consortium on Online handwriting recognition in Indian Languages, funded by Ministry of Information Technology, Government of India from 2007 to 2016, which had partners from IIT Madras, IIT Guwahati, ISI Kolkata, IIIT Hyderabad, C-DAC Pune and Thapar University. He has graduated 12 Ph D scholars, 14 Masters by research students, and guided over 72 M Tech projects. He was interviewed by Bhasha India for his contributions to Indic computing.
- Member, Karnataka Knowledge Commission [Karnataka Jnana Aayoga, 2017 - ]
- Associate Editor, Sadhana, Jan. 2017 -
- Editorial Board, Current Science, Jan. 2015 to Dec. 2016.
- General Chair, Ninth Indian Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing (ICVGIP 2014)
- General Chair, International Conference on Biomedical Engineering (ICBME 2011), Manipal, India, 10–12 December 2011.
- Board of Studies, International School of Information Management (ISiM), University of Mysore.
- Jaya-Jayant Award for Teaching Excellence in Engineering by IISc Council, 2016
- Manthan Award (South Asia and Asia Pacific) - e-education category, 2015
- Manthan Award 2014 under the category e-inclusion and accessibility.
- Prof. M. Anandakrishnan Award by INFITT at 12th International Tamil Internet Conference, 2013, Univ. of Malaya.
- Sir Andrew Watt Kay Young Researcher's Prize from Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Glasgow, 1992
- Medical intelligence and language engineering lab
- Optical character recognition
- Handwriting recognition
- Speech synthesis
- Speech analysis
- "Karnataka Knowledge Commission".
- "Distinguished Alumni". Electronics & Communication Engineering, PSG College of Technology. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- Ramakrishnan, Dr. A.G. "More news re IITM & her alumni". IIT Madras. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Ramakrishnan, A. G. "Interview with Prof. A. G. Ramakrishnan". Microsoft Corporation. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "Karnataka Knowledge Commission".
- Ramakrishnan, A G. "Committees". Indian Institute of Science. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Ramakrishnan, A.G. "Manipal to host meet on biomedical engineering". The Hindu. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- Ramakrishna, Dr. A.G. "Programmes". Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Teaching Excellence in Engineering by IISc Council – India. "Jaya-Jayant Award for Teaching Excellence in Science/Engineering - Winners".
- Gift of new abilities – India. "The Manthan Award South Asia 2014 - Winners". Digital Empowerment Foundation. Archived from the original on 13 December 2014. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Ramakrishnan, AG. "பேராசிரியர் எம்.ஆனந்தகிருஷ்ணன் விருதுகள்". INFITT.
- A G Ramakrishnan's Home Page
- A G Ramakrishnan's ResearcherID profile.
- A G Ramakrishnan's academic profile and his publications at Research Gate
- Enabling the blind to access printed content, Mint, 27 October 2014.
- A G Ramakrishnan publications indexed by Google Scholar
- Digitising Tamil books is still a big challenge, The Hindu, 17 January 2014.