A. G. Ramakrishnan
|Angarai Ganesan Ramakrishnan|
A G Ramakrishnan
14 February 1958
|Alma mater||IIT, Madras|
|Occupation||Professor in the Electrical Engineering Department at Indian Institute of Science|
Angarai Ganesan Ramakrishnan is a Professor of Electrical Engineering at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India. He received the Manthan Award 2014 for his project, Gift of New Abilities.
Ramakrishnan is a graduate of PSG College of Technology. He obtained his M Tech (Electrical Engineering) and Ph D (Biomedical Engineering) from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras. Currently, he heads the Medical intelligence and language engineering lab at the Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. He is a Fellow of Institution of Engineers (India) and Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers and a Senior Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, USA. His research areas are speech processing, Speech synthesis, Optical character recognition, Handwriting recognition, Machine listening and Pattern recognition. He was interviewed by Bhasha India for his contributions to Indic computing.
- General Chair, Ninth Indian Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing (ICVGIP 2014)
- Editorial Board, Current Science.
- General Chair, International Conference on Biomedical Engineering (ICBME 2011), Manipal, India, Dec. 10-12, 2011.
- Board of Studies, International School of Information Management (ISiM), University of Mysore.
- Manthan Award 2014 under the category e-inclusion and accessibility.
- Prof. M. Anandakrishnan Award by INFITT at 12th International Tamil Internet Conference, 2013, Univ. of Malaya.
- Sir Andrew Watt Kay Young Researcher's Prize from Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Glasgow, 1992
- Medical intelligence and language engineering lab
- Optical character recognition
- Handwriting recognition
- Speech synthesis
- Speech analysis
- "Interview with Prof. A. G. Ramakrishnan". Microsoft Bhasha. 22 March 2010. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- Ramakrishnan, A G; Gift of New Abilities. "Digital innovators honoured at Manthan". The Mint. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- Gift of new abilities. "The Manthan Award South Asia 2014 - Winners". Digital Empowerment Foundation. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Distinguished Alumni". Electronics & Communication Engineering, PSG College of Technology. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- Ramakrishnan, Dr. A.G. "More news re IITM & her alumni". IIT Madras. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "Derpartment of Electrical Engineering". Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Ramakrishnan, A. G. "Interview with Prof. A. G. Ramakrishnan". Microsoft Corporation. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Ramakrishnan, A G. "Committees". Indian Institute of Science. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Ramakrishnan, A.G. "Manipal to host meet on biomedical engineering". The Hindu. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- Ramakrishna, Dr. A.G. "Programmes". Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Gift of new abilities – India. "The Manthan Award South Asia 2014 - Winners". Digital Empowerment Foundation. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Ramakrishnan, AG. "பேராசிரியர் எம்.ஆனந்தகிருஷ்ணன் விருதுகள்". INFITT.
- A G Ramakrishnan's Home Page
- Enabling the blind to access printed content, Mint, Oct 27, 2014.
- A G Ramakrishnan publications indexed by Google Scholar
- Digitising Tamil books is still a big challenge, The Hindu, Jan. 17, 2014.
- Publications by A.G. Ramakrishnan, at ResearchGate
- Technology goes that extra MILE, Jan. 6, 2014.
- A G Ramakrishnan's Academia.edu profile.
- Workshop on Multilingual Technologies, Punjabi University, Patiala.
- Workshop on “Natural Language Processing and Speech Recognition”, R. V. College of Engineering, April 15, 2013.