Anil Manibhai Naik
|Anil Manibhai Naik|
9 June 1942|
Endhal, Bilimora, South Gujarat
|Occupation||Group Chairman of Larsen & Toubro|
|Employer||Larsen & Toubro|
|Net worth||₹4.03 billion (August 2016)|
|Children||2 (one son and one daughter)|
|Website||Anil Manibhai Naik - Larsentoubro.com|
He was awarded the Padma Bhushan, India's 3rd highest civilian award, on 26 January 2009. Naik is also the recipient of the 'Economic Times Awards-Business Leader of the Year' award, for the year 2008.
Early life and career
After graduation, he went to Mumbai with a note from his father introducing him to Viren J. Shah working in Mukand Iron & Steel Works Limited to apply for its engineering programme. Due to his lack of proficiency in English, the personnel manager had asked him to improve his English. So Naik started working on his English skills. In the meantime, he joined Nestler Boilers, which was a Parsi-owned firm.
His career growth in Nestor Boilers was arrested by changes in ownership and management style and hence, once again, he was job hunting in 1965.
On 15 March 1965, Naik joined L&T, as a junior engineer. He was promoted as general manager in 1986. In 1999, he became the chief executive officer and managing director. And in 2003, he was appointed as chairman of Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
He is currently developing the educational institution set up by his father in a region called Kharel, Gujarat.2009.
He is former chairman of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. 
In August 2016, Naik announced that he would give 75% of his income to charitable causes over his lifetime, setting up the Naik Charitable Trust for education and the Nirali Memorial Medical Trust.
Awards and honors
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Honorary Consul General for Denmark.
- Senior member of the Confederation of Indian Industry.
- Member of the Board of Trade, Ministry of Commerce, Government of India.
- Fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineers.
- Member of the Board of Governors of the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- Received the Special Award for Business Leader of the Year – Building India from the TV channel, NDTV Profit.
- Recipient of Gujarat Garima Award 2009. Awarded on 22 January 2009
- Recipient of Lakshya Business Visionary Award. Awarded by National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai.
- Received ‘Asia Business Leader Award’ for 2010 by CNBC Asia.
- Conferred ‘Doctor of Letters’ (Honoris Causa) by the Sardar Patel University on 15 December 2011
- He is nominated as the Chairman of the IIMA (IIM Ahmedabad) Society and the Board of Governors, for a period of three years starting 28 March 2012
- Honorary doctorate from Gujarat Technological University on 19 January 2013.
- "L&T Executive Chairman AM Naik to take home Rs 32.21 crore leave encashment". Business Today. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "Board of directors of L&T: A M Naik". Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 November 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- AM Naik, Larsen & Toubro, Business Leader of the Year - The Economic Times
- Piyush Pandey. "The man who took on Ambani, Birla to 'save' L&T". The Hindu. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- Jain, Ankur (26 Jan 2009). "Padma Bhushan for 4 Gujaratis". Ahmedabad: The Times of India.
- "Reinvigorating a corporate giant: An interview with the chairman of India's largest infrastructure company". McKinsey & Company. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
- "Lunch and Breakfast with BS:AM Naik". Business Standard. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
- "AM Naik — A rare interview to Moneylife". Moneylife. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
- Dhoni, Bindra & AM Naik among Padma awardees - The Economic Times
- "L&T chief AM Naik pledges 75 per cent of his income to philanthropy - The Economic Times". Retrieved 2016-08-26.
- "The Project". indiatoday.dk (in Danish). Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- "A M Naik, L&T CMD, conferred Gujarat Garima Award". www.moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 2016-08-26.
- cnbc.com (25 November 2010). "Region's Top Leaders Named at the 9th CNBC Asia Business Leaders Awards". Retrieved 2016-08-26.