A. R. Quinton
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Alfred Robert Quinton (1853–1934) was an English watercolour artist, known for his paintings of British villages and landscapes, many of which were published as postcards, which are popular with today's collectors. His paintings have also been published in many calendars. Well over 2,000 of his paintings were published between 1904 and the time of his death. He also illustrated a number of books including "The Historic Thames" by Hilaire Belloc.
- Belloc, Hilaire. The Historic Thames (J. M. Dent & Co. 1907).
- Bradley, A. G. The Avon and Shakespeare's country (E. P. Dutton & Co. 1910).
- Ditchfield, P. H. Rural England: Cottage and Village Life (J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd, 1912).
- Rhys, Ernest. The Old country: A book of love & praise of England (J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd, 1922).
Quinton, A. R. The Rural England of A.R.Quinton (J. Salmon Ltd. 1990)
- Picture Postcards by A. R. Quinton (collections.co.uk).