This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may be too technical for most readers to understand. Please help improve it to make it understandable to non-experts, without removing the technical details. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NYSE: ATEN|
Russell 2000 Component
|Lee Chen, Founder and CEO |
Raj Kumar Jalan, CTO
Number of employees
A10 Networks is a U.S. public company specializing in the manufacturing of application delivery controllers (software and hardware). Founded in 2004 by Lee Chen, co-founder of Foundry Networks, A10 originally serviced just the identity management market with its line of ID Series products. In early 2007 they added bandwidth management appliances (EX Series). The company had its initial public offering on March 21, 2014, raising $187.5 million.
In mid-2007, A10 Networks launched AX Series, a family of application delivery controllers/load balancing appliances, which won Best of Show at Interop 2007 in the Network Infrastructure (middle range) category.
In 2008 the AX Series won Grand Prix/Best of Interop Tokyo for best Carrier/Internet Service Provider (ISP) solution.
In 2009, the AX Series won two Grand Prix/Best of Interop Tokyo awards in the Network Infrastructure and ShowNet Product categories.
And in 2010, the 64-bit AX Series family of application delivery controllers won Best of Microsoft TechEd for Networking.
In 2011, A10 Networks received an Inc. 500 award as a fast growth private company in North America for the second consecutive year, including #1 Computer Hardware vendor, Top 10 Internet company and an entrepreneur award for CEO Lee Chen.
In August 2012, a jury in California found A10 Networks responsible for intellectual property infringement and unfair competition, awarding Brocade Communications Systems a $112 million verdict. On May 21, 2013, A10 and Brocade reached a settlement of their legal disputes.
In May 2013 A10 launched its A10 Thunder Series platforms, which are hardware and software Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs). A10 Thunder Series won awards at the TechEd 2013 show in New Orleans, Louisiana for the Hardware category as well as the Attendees' Pick award.
In 2016, A10 acquired the cloud-native ADC company Appcito and entered into cloud business to become the first ADC company having a cloud-native ADC offering. Also in 2016, the company introduced the A10 Lightning Application Delivery Service (ADS), a cloud-native software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform designed to boost the delivery and security of applications and microservices across public, private and hybrid clouds. That same year, A10 expanded its Thunder TPS (Threat Protection System) family to include the 14045 TPS to help service providers, Web 2.0 and cloud providers mitigate DDoS attacks.
A10 continued the expansion of its product line to address DDoS attacks in October 2017 by strengthening its A10 Thunder™ TPS platform with surgical flow-based detection via the new A10 Thunder TPS Detector, which enables IT organizations to quickly detect, manage and mitigate attacks.
In February 2017, A10 announced the expansion of its A10 Thunder CFW (convergent firewall) family with a new Gi/SGi firewall solution and a software-only vThunder CFW for NFV deployments to help address rising security concerns of service providers.
In April 2017, A10 announced the Harmony Controller, which the company billed as effectively serving as the brain of the A10 vision, offering multi-cloud, multi-service management that delivers, secures, protects and manages application services.
In November 2017, A10 introduced A10 FlexPool a software subscription model for the consumption of secure app services across on-premise, cloud and hybrid environments.
In January 2018, A10 expanded its DDoS security portfolio with the introduction of the A10 DDoS Protection Cloud, a single advanced solution for on-premise and cloud scrubbing enterprise DDoS defenses.[clarification needed]
- "No Fear" (PDF). San Jose State University Engineering Newsletter. San Jose State University Engineering. 2007-01-21. Retrieved 2010-01-06.
- "A10 Networks". Byte and Switch. United Business Media Limited. 2005-11-21. Retrieved 2009-02-20.
- "Best of Interop Winners". Network Computing. Network Computing. 2007-05-19. Archived from the original on July 12, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-21.
- "A10 Networks' AX Series Wins Grand Prix/Best of Interop Tokyo 2008". Network Computing. A10 Networks. 2008-06-16. Retrieved 2010-01-20.
- "Best of Show Award 2009". Interop. Interop. 2009-06-30. Archived from the original on 7 January 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-20.
- "Congratulations to the Winners of Best of Tech Ed 2010". WindowsItPro. Penton Media. 2010-06-14. Retrieved 2010-06-14.[permanent dead link]
- "America's Fastest-Growing Computer Hardware Company". Inc. 500. Inc. 500. 2011-09-01. Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- "Top 10 Internet Companies". Inc. 500. Inc. 500. 2011-09-01. Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- "Top 10 East Asian Entrepreneurs". Inc. 500. Inc. 500. 2011-09-01. Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- John Ribeiro (August 7, 2012). "Brocade awarded $112M verdict in dispute with A10". Computer World. Retrieved July 12, 2013.
- "A10 Networks and Brocade Reach Settlement of Legal Disputes". A10 Networks. A10 Networks. May 21, 2013. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- "A10 Unveils Thunder Series Unified Application Service Gateways". A10 Networks. A10 Networks. 2013-05-01. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- "Congratulations to our Best of TechEd 2013 Winners". Windows IT Pro. Windows IT Pro. 2013-06-05. Retrieved 2013-06-05.
- Haranas, Mark (2016-07-26). "A10 Networks Acquires Appcito To Become 'First Cloud-Native' ADC Company". CRN. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "A10 Networks' Cloud Vision Comes to Life with Introduction of A10 Lightning Application Delivery Service (ADS) for Cloud Applications | A10 Networks". A10 Networks. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "A10 Networks Brings Brawn to Stop Multi-Vector DDoS Disruption with Expanded Thunder TPS Solution | A10 Networks". A10 Networks. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "A10 Networks Strengthens Industry's Most Powerful DDoS Protection Solution with Intelligent Automation and Highly Scalable Flow-Based Detection | A10 Networks". A10 Networks. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "New A10 Networks Firewall Helps Pave Secure Path to 5G, Proliferation of IoT | A10 Networks". A10 Networks. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "A10 Networks Brings "Harmony" to Management of Secure Application Services Across Multiple Clouds and Data Centers | A10 Networks". A10 Networks. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "A10 Networks Introduces Software Subscription Model for Consumption of Secure App Services across On-Premise, Cloud and Hybrid Environments | A10 Networks". A10 Networks. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "A10 Networks Launches Full Spectrum Cloud Scrubbing and On-premise Enterprise DDoS Protection Solution | A10 Networks". A10 Networks. Retrieved 2018-02-22.