||The lead section of this article may need to be rewritten. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|From:||A12 in Vrbovec 2 interchange|
|Motorways in Croatia|
The A13 motorway (Croatian: Autocesta A13) was a planned motorway, expected to be built in the central Croatia northeast from Vrbovec, extending towards the cities of Bjelovar and Virovitica. As of May 2012, only the Vrbovec 2 interchange, the starting (western) terminus of the A13 has been completed. The route was planned to be built as a six lane motorway and extended northeast to Bjelovar, Virovitica and Terezino Polje border crossing to Hungary.
The A13 motorway represented the eastern arm of the so-called Podravina Y, as the western arm is the partially constructed A12 motorway. The A13 was planned to branch off from the A12 at the Vrbovec 2 interchange, which is largely completed, although it may not be used by motorists driving on the A12 as that exit is currently blocked. Construction of the motorway was cancelled in June 2012.
The A13 motorway, 86.0 km (53.4 mi) long overall, was initially planned to comprise four sections: 27.5-kilometre (17.1 mi) Vrbovec 2 – Bjelovar, 13.7-kilometre (8.5 mi) Bjelovar – Bedenik, 30.8-kilometre (19.1 mi) Bedenik – Virovitica and 25.0-kilometre (15.5 mi) Virovitica – Terezino Polje sections.
The first construction stage was scheduled to include the section between the existing Vrbovec 2 interchange and Bjelovar, where the motorway would default to the D43 state road. Four interchanges, apart from the Vrbovec 2, were planned on that section: Kapela and Farkaševac interchanges to the Ž3041 (to Haganj) and Ž2231 (to Kenđelovec and Farkaševac) county roads respectively, Gudovac to the D28 state road to the western parts of Bjelovar and Bjelovar interchange to the D43 state road and the northern and the eastern parts of the city. The works related to the first part of the route were officially announced in 2009, however no construction took place for more than a year, causing delay of planned completion of the motorway until 2013.
Criticism and cancellation
The A13 had been formally announced in May 2009, but actual project planning, issuing of permits and construction works were delayed and postponed to an undetermined date, drawing criticism of the project as a pre-election stunt for the local elections of 2009. On 2 May 2012, management of Hrvatske autoceste announced cancellation of construction of the motorway, pending approval of its supervisory board. The company reported that funding was never secured for construction of the route, while declining to comment on possible payment of damages to contractors. By May 2012, Strabag, a motorway contractor, demanded 30 million kuna (c. 4 million euro) in damages because of delay of construction, but the request was declined by Hrvatske autoceste citing failure of Strabag to fulfill its contractual obligations. On 20 June 2012, the Government of Croatia cancelled construction of the motorway.
|Zagreb County||0.0||1||Vrbovec 2||A12||Connection to the A12 and the rest of the Croatian motorway network.
Currently the only A13 related structure completed.
The western terminus of the motorway.
|2||Kapela||Ž3041||Connection to Haganj (D28).|
|3||Farkaševac||Ž2231||Connection to Kenđelovec and Farkaševac.|
|Bjelovar‑Bilogora||4||Gudovac||-||Connection to planned Gudovac business zone.|
|27.5||5||Bjelovar||D43||Connection to Bjelovar.
The eastern terminus of the first section of the A13.
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- "Map of border crossings and customs office areas" (PDF). Customs Administration of the Republic of Croatia (in Croatian). March 6, 2008.
- "Decision on amendments and additions to the Decision on classification of public roads as motorways". Narodne Novine (in Croatian). January 23, 2009.
- "A13 motorway brochure" (PDF) (in Croatian). Hrvatske autoceste. April 27, 2009.
- "On sections of the Podravina Y - A12 and A13" (in Croatian). Hrvatske autoceste. April 24, 2009.
- "Croatian Motorways Ltd - Podravina Y (p.3)" (PDF). HUKA (in Croatian). March 1, 2009.
- "PM Ivo Sanader Declares Start of Construction of Podravina Y". Bjelovar-Bilogora County (in Croatian). April 27, 2009.
- "Y with and X: Motorway to be completed no sooner than 2013". Večernji list (in Croatian). May 20, 2010.
- "Autocesta do Bjelovara i Koprivnice još nema ni građevne dozvole - Friščić tvrdi da se "njegova" cesta gradi, ali graditelja nigdje nema...". Večernji list (in Croatian). 2009-09-12. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- "Prodali maglu: Ministar Kalmeta u Saboru obznanio da u ovom mandatu ipak neće biti vožnje Ipsilonom - Ipsilon s nepoznanicom: Autocestom tek nakon 2013.". Večernji list (in Croatian). 2010-05-20. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- "Zavičajni prosperitet - FOTO: Barba Luka i Vukelić sebi gradili mostove, a Polančeca pritvorili jer je htio reflektore". Jutarnji list (in Croatian). 2010-08-11. Archived from the original on 18 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
Damir Polančec, Đurđa Adlešič i Josip Friščić uspjeli su izlobirati gradnju 172 kilometra dugog Podravskog ipsilona, koji Đurđa Adlešič naziva Bjelovarskom autocestom. Gradnja te autoceste bila je Friščićev preduvjet za ulazak HSS-a u koaliciju s HDZ-om. Žurba s početkom gradnje bila je tolika da su bageri krenuli prije nego što je idejni projekt bio gotov, a lokacijska dozvola je ishođena tek nedavno. Projekcije prometa govore da je to neisplativ cestovni pravac, ali nema veze.
- "Kraj predizbornim opsjenama: Podravskog ipsilona neće biti" [End of pre-election illusions: There will be no Podravina Y]. Večernji list (in Croatian). 2 May 2012. Retrieved 8 May 2012.
- Josip Bohutinski (16 June 2011). "Podravski ipsilon: Traže 24 milijuna odštete za - nerad" [Podravina Y: 24 million in damages sought for - no works]. Večernji list (in Croatian). Retrieved 8 May 2012.
- Krešimir Žabec (1 May 2012). "HAC odustaje od projekata vrijednih 9,5 milijardi kuna koje je naredio Ivo Sanader" [Hrvatske autoceste cancelling projects worth 9.5 billion kuna, ordered by Ivo Sanader]. Jutarnji list (in Croatian). Retrieved 8 May 2012.
- Andreja Žapčić (20 June 2012). "Vlada HAC-u odobrila novi kredit od 120 milijuna eura" [Government approves a new 120 million Euro loan to the Hrvatske autoceste] (in Croatian). t-portal.hr. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- "Regulation on motorway markings, chainage, interchange/exit/rest area numbers and names". Narodne novine (in Croatian). April 24, 2003.
- "Decision on categorization of public roads as state roads, county roads and local roads". Narodne novine (in Croatian). February 17, 2010.