|Latest meeting||3 November 2012|
The derby was listed as the nineteenth fiercest rivalry in English football by The Daily Telegraph, with the two clubs last facing each other in the league during the 2011−12 season which concluded with Shrewsbury being promoted to League One and Hereford relegated to the Conference National. The last meeting to date was an FA Cup first-round tie the following season at Edgar Street, with Hereford winning 3−1.
Hereford United were subsequently wound-up at the High Court in December 2014. With the phoenix club Hereford F.C. currently competing in the Southern League South and West, five divisions below Shrewsbury, it is unlikely the derby will be contested in the near future.
- James Pugh (30 January 2012). "Shrewsbury Town heading in right direction after Hereford win". Shropshire Star. Retrieved 18 March 2013.
- Liew, Jonathan. "The 20 fiercest rivalries in English football". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "Hereford 3-1 Shrewsbury". BBC Sport. 3 November 2012. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "Hereford United wound up in High Court over tax debt". BBC News. 19 December 2014. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "Hereford FC: Bulls win their first promotion since reforming as new club". BBC Sport. 26 April 2016. Retrieved 4 July 2016.