A4 motorway (Romania)
|Maintained by Compania Națională de Autostrăzi și Drumuri Naționale din România|
|Length:||22 km (14 mi)
60 km (37 mi) planned (approx.)
|To:||Vama Veche (Border with Bulgaria)|
|Major cities:||Constanța, Mangalia|
|Motorways in Romania|
The A4 motorway (Romanian: Autostrada A4) is a motorway in Romania that serves as a bypass for the city of Constanța, between Ovidiu and the Port of Constanţa, connecting with the A2 motorway via an interchange southwest of the city. It is 22 km long and is planned to be extended to approximately 60 kilometers, stretching further south to the Bulgarian border south of Mangalia, along the western Black Sea coast. The motorway is part of an extension of the Pan-European Corridor IV, that will be connecting with the Bulgarian city of Varna.
The contract for the construction of the stretch of motorway between Ovidiu and Lazu was awarded in September 2008 to the joint venture between the Italian company Astaldi and the Spanish company FCC Construction, and was due to be completed until November 2011.
A new bridge is under construction over the Danube – Black Sea Canal, downstream of the Agigea lock, in order to allow access to the busier southern terminal of the Port of Constanţa directly from the motorway. Works began in July 2010, and are planned to be completed in 2014.
- 29 July 2011: Constanța West (interchange with A2) – Lazu segment (about 5 km).
- 30 September 2011: DN3 interchange – Constanța West interchange (3 km).
- 19 July 2012: Ovidiu – DN3 interchange (11 km).
- 12 July 2013: Lazu – Port of Constanța segment (2 km).
|Exits and buildings (Southbound)|
|Constanța bypass (22 km)|
|km 0||Ovidiu, Constanța Airport||opened July 2012|
|km 3||Parking||under construction|
|km 5||Poiana / Palazu Mare||under construction|
|km 10||Valu lui Traian / Constanța City Centre||opened September 2011|
|km 12||Cernavodă, Bucharest||opened July 2011|
|km 19||Constanța South / Eforie, Mangalia||opened July 2011|
|km 21||Port of Constanța||opened July 2013|
- "Harta autostrazilor din Romania". e-Transport.ro. 10 December 2010.
- "Autostrada Bucureşti-Constanţa, prelungită până la Varna". România Liberă. 30 November 2010.
- "Despre proiect". Proiect Varianta Ocolire Constanta. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "Încep despăgubirile pentru noul pod rutier peste Canalul Dunăre - Marea Neagră". Ziua Cconstanţa. 12 July 2012.
- "Autostrada Soarelui, mai lungă cu 21 de kilometri". Adevărul. 30 July 2011. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Infrastructură cu țârâita: Am mai terminat patru kilometri de autostradă". Infrastructura.info. 30 September 2011.
- "Varianta de Ocolire a Municipiului Constanta va fi deschisă traficului" (PDF). CNADNR. 19 July 2012.
- "Prelungirea autostrăzii București - Constanța s-a deschis circulației". ReporterNTV.ro. 12 July 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to A4 motorway (Romania).|