The first section was opened in 1962 between Marseille and Aubagne. It is 65 km long. The road is toll between Roquefort-la-Bédoule with Sanary-sur-Mer and managed by ESCOTA. This section was the first to trial Télépéage or Télébadge in 1992.
At the end of the section, drivers can choose between entering the city, via the RDn8, or crossing it going through the tunnel de Toulon (Toulon's tunnel) to join the other side of the city and catch the A57 autoroute. This part of the tunnel is closed since this year (2014) for maintenance and improvements, while the second part (Toulon -> Marseille) is now open.
- Exchange A50-A55 Junction with A55 autoroute in Marseille.
- 01 (Prado) Towns served: Marseille.
- 02 (Place de Pologne/Menpenti-La Capelette) Towns served: Marseille.
- 03 (La Pomme) Towns served: Marseille.
- Service Area: La Pomme
- 04 (La Valentine) Towns served: Saint-Marcel
- 05 (La Penne) Towns served: La-Penne-sur-Huveaune
- Exchange A50-A501 Junction with A501 spur to A52
- 00 (Aubagne Sud-A502) Towns served: Junction with A502 spur to D8n and Aubagne
- 00 Exchange A52-A50 Junction with A52 to Aix.
- 06 (Carnoux) Towns served: Carnoux-en-Provence
- 07 (La Bédoule-nord/sud) Towns served: Roquefort-la-Bédoule
- 08 (Cassis) Towns served: Cassis
- Péage de La Ciotat
- 09 (La Ciotat) Towns served: La Ciotat
- 10 (Les Lecques) Towns served: Les Lecques
- 11 (La Cadière-d'Azur) Towns served: Le Beausset
- Péage de Bandol
- 12 (Bandol) Towns served: Bandol
- Rest Area: Sanary
- 13 (Ollioules) Towns served: Ollioules
- 14 (Châteauvallon) Towns served: La Seyne-sur-Mer
- 15 (Toulon-Ouest/La Seyne-Centre/Arsenal) Towns served: Port and town of Toulon, La Seyne-sur-Mer
- 16 (Bon Rencontre) Towns served: Beauclaire, Toulon
- Autoroute becomes the N8 into Toulon and to the A57 to Nice.
- Var Matin, ed. (February 6, 2014). "Le second tube du tunnel de Toulon ouvrira le 18 mars" (in French).