Defining Quality. Building Comfort.
|Traded as||NASDAQ: AAON
S&P 600 Component
|Industry||Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC)|
Number of employees
AAON (NASDAQ: AAON) designs, manufactures and sells semi-custom heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment (HVAC) for commercial and residential use. Primarily, it "“makes and sells air conditioning and heating equipment for the new construction and replacement markets.”
AAON Inc. was founded by Norm Asbjornson in 1987, when he purchased the air conditioning and heating division of John Zink. Asbjornson became both founding president and CEO. As of June 2016, AAON employed 1,300 people at its headquarters in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It also employed approximately 300 people in Longview, Texas, with around $358 million in annual sales.
The company broke ground on a new R&D lab in Tulsa on February 25, 2016. At the time, AAON was also expanding its manufacturing facility nearby. The research lab will reportedly cost US $26 million, and will be ready in 2018.
Its subsidiary, AAON Coil Products manufactures a variety of heating/cooling products, as well as, coils used in the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) industry and provides coils to AAON as well as to other customers.
- "Aaon: When Cool Heads Prevail". BusinessWeek. Archived from the original on 10 June 2001. Retrieved 11 June 2001.
- "Oklahoma business briefs for May 26". NewsOK. May 26, 2016. Retrieved July 30, 2016.
- Smith, Casey (June 15, 2016). "Tulsa's AAON Inc. expanding with record sales and earnings". Tulsa World.
- Hardiman, Samuel (February 25, 2016). "AAON breaks ground on research and development lab in west Tulsa". ‘’Tulsa World’’.
- Hardiman, Samuel (February 26, 2016). "AAON credits expanding sales staff for growth in 2015". Tulsa World. Retrieved July 30, 2016.