|Purpose||Business of Healthcare|
|Headquarters||Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Services||Certification, training, conferences|
|American Academy of Professional Coders|
The AAPC, previously known by the full title of the American Academy of Professional Coders, is a professional association for people working in specific areas of administration within healthcare businesses in the United States. AAPC is one of a number of providers who offer services such as certification and training to medical coders, medical billers, auditors, compliance managers, and practice managers in the United States. As of April 2019[update], AAPC has over 190,000 worldwide members, of which nearly 155,000 are certified.
The AAPC was founded in 1988, as the American Academy of Professional Coders, with the aim of providing education and certification to coders working in physician-based settings. These settings include group practices and specialty centers (i.e. non-hospital settings). In 2010, as their services had expanded beyond medical and outpatient coding, the full name was dropped in favor of the AAPC initialism.[failed verification]
Products and services
AAPC provides training, certification, and other services to individuals and organizations across medical coding, medical billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management. These services include networking events such as medical coding seminars and conferences.
AAPC offers a number of certifications for healthcare professionals, including:
- Medical coding and medical billing, including stand-alone certifications in over 20 specialty areas,
- Medical auditing
- Medical compliance
- Physician practice management
- "Medical Certification Overview". Medical coding certification for physician practices, hospitals and the outpatient environment and coding in the payer community - AAPC.
- "Take a medical coding training course online or in the classroom to learn the fundamentals of medical coding and prepare for the certification exam". Medical Training Overview.
- "AAPC Conferences". Medical Coding Seminars and Conferences - AAPC.
- "How to Choose a Medical Coding Credentialing Organization - dummies". dummies. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "Code of Ethics".
- "About Us - AAPC". About AAPC. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "Membership Benefits: Recognition - AAPC". www.aapc.com. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- "Accredited Online Medical Coding Training Guide for 2015 - by AAPC". Medical coding.
- "AAPC Continuing Education Credit, CME Credit Reporting".
- "AAPC Hosts 2012 Regional Conference in Chicago".
- ICD-10 Related sources. "South Dakota Medicaid Implementation Activities".
- "CMS-Medicare Fee-For-Service Provider Resources". ICD-10-CM Resources.
- "Guide to the Medical Coding Certification Creadential speciality Maze by AAPC". Credential Check.