||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||NYSE: AIR
S&P 600 Component
Aerospace & Defense
|Founder||Ira Allen Eichner|
|Headquarters||Wood Dale, IL, USA|
(Chairman), (President) & (CEO)
(Vice Chairman & (Chief Financial Officer)
(Vice President) & (COO Aviation Services)
|Revenue||US$1.6 Billion (FY 16)|
|US$65.8 Million (FY 16)|
|US$47.7 Million (FY 16)|
|Total assets||US$1.4 Billion (FY 16)|
|Total equity||US$865.8 Million (FY 16)|
Number of employees
|4,500 (FY 16)|
AAR CORP. is an independent provider of services to the global commercial, government and defense aviation industries. Incorporated in 1955, the company offers a broad menu of aviation services and expeditionary services.
Founded in 1951, I.A. Allen Industrial Sales was incorporated in 1955, renamed Allen Aircraft Radio in 1962 and became AAR CORP. in 1969. AAR is headquartered in Wood Dale, Illinois, a Chicago suburb near O'Hare International Airport and employs approximately 4,500 people in more than 20 locations around the world.
AAR's customers include North American and international commercial airlines (passenger and freight); aircraft leasing companies; aviation support companies; OEMs; U.S. Department of Defense and their contractors; U.S. Department of State as well as other domestic government agencies; and foreign militaries.
AAR organizes its business in two main segments: Aviation Services and Expeditionary Services.
||This article appears to contain a large number of buzzwords. (February 2017)|
The aviation services segment offers Parts Supply, MRO, OEM Support, Supply Chain Solutions and Intelligent Solutions. Diverse capabilities enables AAR to provide customized solutions that lower costs, increase efficiency and ensure high levels of quality, safety and service to customers.
The expeditionary services segment supports military and humanitarian missions by transporting people, cargo and supplies in austere environments around the world. AAR also designs and manufactures a variety of mobility systems for the defense industry, including command centers, shelters, pallets, and containers, as well as cold chain containers for use by military and pharmaceutical companies.
- http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=117483&p=IROL-secToc&TOC=aHR0cDovL2FwaS50ZW5rd2l6YXJkLmNvbS9vdXRsaW5lLnhtbD9yZXBvPXRlbmsmaXBhZ2U9MTEwMzcwNzMmc3Vic2lkPTU3&ListAll=1&sXBRL=1. Missing or empty
- "United States Securities & Exchange Commission Form 10-K". http://www.aarcorp.com. AAR Corp. July 13, 2016. Retrieved November 22, 2016. External link in
- "Storch to Become Chairman upon Eichner Retirement from AAR Board". AAR Corp website. January 12, 2005. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "AAR Fact Sheet" (PDF). AAR Corp website. 2012. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "AAR CORP 2016 Annual Report". AAR Corp website. 2016. Retrieved November 22, 2016.