|Directed by||Saravana Subbiah|
|Produced by||R Saravanan|
|Written by||Saravana Subbiah|
|Music by||D Imman|
|Edited by||V. T. Vijayan|
|Distributed by||OST Films Pte Ltd|
|12 August 2005|
ABCD is a 2005 Tamil language romance film released in India. It was directed by Saravana Subbiah. The film starred Shaam, Nandana, Sneha, and Aparna along with Vadivelu, who provided the comic relief.
Anand (Shaam), an MBA-chartered accountant, runs in search of a job. He stays in the house of an old Brahmin whose daughter Chandra (Sneha) returns home following the death of her husband (Saravana Subbiah), who had been torturing her since their wedding. She slowly gets attracted towards Anand, for he shows love and affection towards her. Meanwhile, Anand comes across Bharathy (Nandana) in a bus who misplaces his academic certificates. Bharathy is a woman with revolutionary ideas and looks after her whole family. A sequence of events brings them close, leading to Bharathy developing love towards him. Meanwhile, Anand comes across Divya Daisy (Aparna Pillai), an orphan brought up by a church who goes to find a job herself and settles in life all out of her own efforts. Anand rescues her from an accident and rushes her to a hospital. Over a period of time, they become very close friends, eventually leading to Divya opening her heart to Anand. Who Anand decides to marry forms the rest of the story.
- Shaam as Anand
- Nandana as Bharathy
- Sneha as Chandra
- Aparna Pillai as Divya Daisy
- Vadivelu as Bus Conductor
- Saravana Subbiah as Chandra's husband
- Aravind Akash as Christopher
- Madhan Bob
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|D. Imman chronology|
- Manjal Mugame — Saindhavi
- Thavam Ondru — Balram, Nithyasree Mahadevan
- Yengo — Haricharan, Mahathi
- Yaar Potta — Karthik
- Kadhal Ondru — D. Imman
Sify wrote "If you like a mixture of romance, mush and melodrama then ABCD is on your priority list". Behindwoods wrote "The film leaves you with a feeling of being overwhelmed by issues. The director attempts to tackle too many problems which was the mistake he did in his previous movie, Citizen. Yet, he must be congratulated for beating a different path in an industry which seems preoccupied with action and empty melodrama". Indiaglitz wrote "An interesting story with some good performance make it engrossing".
- "ABCD Tamil Movie Preview cinema review stills gallery trailer video clips showtimes". IndiaGlitz. 2005-08-02. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "ABCD Tamil movie songs — Starmusiq.com". StarMusiq. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "Review: ABCD". Sify. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "Tamil movie review: ABCD". Behindwoods. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "ABCD Tamil movie review — Indiaglitz". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 11 February 2016.