The exterior of the ABC Commissary
|Owner(s)||Walt Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products|
The ABC Commissary is a restaurant on Commissary Lane at Disney's Hollywood Studios, one of the four main theme parks at Walt Disney World. The restaurant has an Art Deco design. It is more popular than the other counter service restaurants in the park, and offers a larger variety of menu options. The ABC Commissary's menu is themed to programs broadcast by American Broadcasting Company (ABC), including such items as Down the Hatch (fried fish), a reference to the hatch in the television series Lost. The restaurant also offers a fried prawn burger. The deep-fried foods on the menu do not contain trans fat. In 2013, the ABC Commissary was one of several restaurants in the park to offer apple pie cupcakes in celebration of Independence Day. The ABC Commissary is located next to the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant. In The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids 2012, Bob Sehlinger and Liliane Opsomer write that the ABC Commissary is "hard to find" but "usually not too crowded".
- Shumaker, Susan; Saffel, Than (2003). Vegetarian Walt Disney World and Greater Orlando: The Essential Guide for the Health-Conscious Traveler. Globe Pequot Press. p. 54. ISBN 0762727039.
- Gindin, Rona (2009). Little Black Book of Disney. Peter Pauper Press. p. 126. ISBN 1441305130.
- Koksis, Lili (December 28, 2013). "Disney World's Best Bargain Restaurants". USA Today. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Sehlinger, Bob; Ridge, Menasha; Len Testa (2012). The Unofficial Guide: The Color Companion to Walt Disney World (2 ed.). John Wiley & Sons. p. 318. ISBN 111823894X.
- Cochrane, Jason (2009). Pauline Frommer's Walt Disney World and Orlando (2 ed.). John Wiley & Sons. p. 163. ISBN 0470522496.
- Kubersky, Seth (February 18, 2015). "Stepping through the Mirror: Comparing California's Disney and Universal Attractions to Their Orlando Versions". Orlando Weekly. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Chang, Alicia (December 28, 2006). "Universal Studios Parks Ban Trans Fats". The Washington Post. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Walker, Allison (July 3, 2013). "3 Disney Parks Creating Sensory Overload for Weeklong July 4th Party". Archived from the original on April 7, 2015. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Miller, Laura Lea (2011). Frommer's Walt Disney World and Orlando 2012 (13 ed.). John Wiley & Sons. p. 122. ISBN 1118168046.
- Sehlinger, Bob; Opsomer, Liliane (2012). The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids 2012 (8 ed.). John Wiley & Sons. p. 163. ISBN 1118143574.