ABC News: Live
|ABC News Live|
|Launched||May 14, 2018|
|Owned by||Disney-ABC Television Group|
|Picture format||720p (HD)|
|Headquarters||Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States|
|Replaced||ABC News Now|
|Amazon Fire TV||ABC News app|
|Apple TV||ABC News Live channel|
|Roku||ABC News app|
|Mobile||ABC News app|
iOS, Windows and Android (Chromecast)
|Facebook Watch||ABC News|
|Hulu||Internet Protocol Television|
ABC News Live is a 24/7 streaming video news channel for breaking news and live events operated by ABC News, which launched on May 14, 2018. ABC News Live is distributed through the ABCNews.com website, mobile apps, streaming services such as Hulu Live and apps on OTT devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Roku. ABC News Live also appears in Facebook Watch, YouTube and Twitter during breaking news.
The ad-supported streaming news channel features content from ABC News and various correspondents and anchors, along with live streaming coverage of breaking news and live events.
ABC News: Live has its origins in the former ABC News Now, a former American 24-hour news network offered via digital television, broadband and streaming video at ABCNews.com and on mobile phones. The first of it's kind at the time, it delivered breaking news, headline news each half-hour, and wide range of entertainment and lifestyle programs. The channel was available in the United States and in Europe. This station's "Talk Back" feature allowed viewers to voice their own input through the submission of videos and personal thoughts on controversial issues and current topics. After having attempted a 20-minute online news program three times a week hosted by Sam Donaldson in 1999, ABC News launched a forerunner of ABC News Now in March 2003. The service was fee based except for the customers of America Online, Comcast, and a few other Internet providers. Later, mobile phone users could access the programming through Sprint's MobiTV. The ABC News Now service launched on July 24, 2004, with extended coverage of the Democratic National Convention and Republican National Convention. The station was carried by digital subchannels of 70 ABC-owned stations and affiliates. The service was also available online as a subscription-based outlet.
On November 5, 2007, Disney-ABC International Television announced plans to launch the channel in international territories, including Germany, Spain and Belgium in 2008 on IPTV service Zattoo, with more territories, including the United Kingdom, planned for the next 6 months. This marked the second international channel launched under ABC branding, the first being the United Kingdom general entertainment channel ABC1 which closed on September 26, 2007.
On April 27, 2009, ABC's owned-and-operated stations launched the Live Well Network, a lifestyle-oriented digital subchannel network, replacing ABC News Now. On October 28, 2013, ABC News launched a new cable news channel, Fusion, as a joint venture with Univision.
- The Debrief
- The Briefing Room
Former Programming as ABC News Now
- Tech This Out! -- Technology news and a consumer guide to the latest gadgets, hosted by Daniel Sieberg.
- Good Morning America Health -- GMA Health is a third hour of Good Morning America and also is themed toward health news and other health-related topics, airing 2pm/ET. Its predecessor was Good Morning America Now which was canceled due to lack of viewers. Its final broadcast was October 2008.
- Inside the Newsroom -- 2x times daily, bringing you live reports from the hottest spots in the world.
- Money Matters -- Financial and economic news and tips right after the NYSE opening bell.
- Good Money -- Personal finance information for everyday consumers and small business owners.
- The Daily Download -- The day's most interesting feature stories, viral videos and stories from off the beaten path.
- Popcorn with Peter Travers -- An interview-based movie show, with today's biggest stars talking to Rolling Stone movie reviewer Peter Travers.
- Amplified -- Indie music and interviews, brought to you by ABC News anchor Dan Harris.
- TopLine -- Inside the political arena with Rick Klein.
- What's the Buzz -- The latest in celebrity entertainment news.
- World Piece — featured one international news story
- World View -- Round-up of headlines from around the world.
- Now You Know -- Living Advice and News Briefs along with Weather, Now You Know was ABC News Now's morning program.
- Chef's Table
- Kimberly Brooks
- Devin Dwyer
- "ABC News banks on digital, despite small audiences today". USA Today. AP. September 4, 2004. Retrieved May 29, 2014.
- Welsh, James (November 5, 2007). "ABC News Now to launch in the UK". Digital Spy. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- Malone, Michael (April 27, 2009). "ABC O&Os Launch Digital Network". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Fusion Wants Young Latinos To Turn On Their TVs," from NPR's Weekend Edition, 10/26/2013