ABES Engineering College
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||विज्ञानं यज्ञं तनुते, "Vigyan yagn tanute"|
|Type||Self Financed College|
|Affiliation||Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow, UP|
|Director||Dr. Gajendra Singh|
|Postgraduates||MBA, M.Tech., MCA|
ABES Engineering College (also known as ABESEC) is a self-financed engineering college, situated in Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh), NCR, India. The institute is affiliated to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) and the students are admitted on the basis of State Entrance Examination - APJAKTU (commonly known as UPSEE). The college was earlier affiliated to Mahamaya Technical University until 2013, when the two universities (GBTU and MTU) were again united and the institute came under the jurisdiction of the current university.
The institute was recognized for Academic Excellence and was awarded Star Performer Award in the B.Tech. category for the year 2009, by the Uttar Pradesh Technical University. The institute is ranked among top 10 state affiliated colleges in U.P. by various organizations.
Academy of Business and Engineering Sciences (ABES) was established in 2000 with MCA, B.Tech. in CS, IT and EC. The institute was approved by AICTE and was affiliated to Uttar Pradesh Technical University. In the following years, other streams of education were added - B.Tech AI in 2001 (later removed in 2009 due to lack of interest), B.Tech ME in 2003, MBA in 2006, B.Tech. EEE in 2008 and M.Tech. in 2010.
In 2009, Academy of Business and Engineering Sciences was renamed to its present name ABES Engineering College. Later in 2010, the Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU) was bifurcated into two universities viz . Gautam Buddha Technical University(GBTU) and Mahamaya Technical University(MTU), with the college coming under the jurisdiction of the latter.
Insititue's campus, spread over 15.2 acres (62,000 m2), is situated at Lal Kuan, Delhi-Hapur bypass Road, NH-24, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. Aryabhatta block and Bhabha blocks are the main buildings of the institute, facing the highway. Behind the two blocks is Raman block which hosts the institute's auditorium, named after Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. The air conditioned Central Library, spread over 150 square metres (1,600 sq ft), is located in the Bhabha Block and holds around 50,000 titles.
The institute has a cricket sports ground(for all), and indoor sports facilities for Table Tennis and Billiards(only for hostel students). The institute hosts five boys hostels named Vivekanand Bhawan, Ramakrishna Bhawan,Dayanand bhawan,Chanakya bhawan and the more recently built Aurobindo Bhawan. The two girls hostels are christened as Vidushi Bhawan "A" and Vidushi Bhawan "B".
The majority of students live in the hostels on the campus. Apart from the academics, the students also enjoy various indoor sports like Table Tennis and Billiards and outdoor sports like cricket and soccer. The hostels have internet connectivity and students also spend time surfing the internet.
The student bodies organize various annual cultural events like GENERO, Freshers, Diwali celebrations, Farewell, UTSAAH etc. An annual inter-collegiate technical cum cultural event is also organized where students from other colleges across the NCR and the state are invited. Further, many well known performers like Anup Jalota are invited to the college for performance. ABES also hosts a SPIC MACAY chapter and has invited various well-known performers like Kiran Sehgal, Ustad Asad Ali Khan, Qutbi Brothers, Nizami brothers and Saurabh shukla.
ABES Engineering College has two separate college codes:
- ABES Engineering College (College code 032) offers degrees in B.Tech., M.Tech. and MCA.
- Academy of Business and Engineering Sciences (College code 459) offers degree in MCA.
The exact breakdown of the intake for the two colleges is given below.
ABES Engineering College (College code 032)
|Course Name||First shift||Second shift||Course duration|
|B.Tech. - Computer Science & Engineering||180||60||4 years|
|B.Tech. - Electronics & Communication Engineering||180||60||4 years|
|B.Tech. - Electrical & Electronics Engineering||120||-||4 Years|
|B.Tech. - Information Technology||120||-||4 Years|
|B.Tech. - Mechanical Engineering||120||60||4 Years|
|B.Tech. - Computer Science & Information Technology||60||-||4 Years|
|B.Tech. - Civil Engineering||120||-||4 Years|
|M.Tech. - Computer Science||18||-||2 Years|
|M.Tech. - Electronics & Communication||18||-||2 Years|
|M.Tech. - Mechanical Engineering||18||-||2 Years|
Academy of Business & Engineering Sciences (College code 459)
|Course Name||First shift||Second shift||Course duration|
The college has been consistently ranked among the top 10 engineering colleges (state-affiliated) in Uttar Pradesh. Such ranking has been confirmed both in Government rankings as well as rankings released by private organizations. The institute has been recognized by the erstwhile Uttar Pradesh Technical University known as (UPTU) for academic excellence and it was awarded the following awards before the university was bifurcated:
|Government Rankings (by UPTU)|
|B.Tech., 2009||Star Performer|
|MBA, 2009||Star Performer|
|MCA, 2009||Letter of Appreciation|
|Careers360, 2013||AA+ (9th in UP affiliated colleges)|
|Times Research, 2010||1st Engineering college in Delhi-NCR|
- Star Performer (Academic Excellence) in the B.Tech. category for year 2009, ranking the college 4th in U.P. along with four other institutions.
- Star Performer (Academic Excellence) in the MBA category for year 2009, ranking the institute 1st in U.P. along with two other colleges.
- Letter of Appreciation (Academic Excellence) in the MCA category for year 2009, ranking the college 1st in U.P. along with two other colleges.
- Letter of Appreciation (Academic Excellence) in the B.Tech. category for year 2008, ranking the college 9th in U.P. along with two other colleges.
The college has been recognized by other private organizations and following awards has been conferred to it:
- Careers360 ranked the college in top 10 among the stated affiliated colleges, for two years running - 2013 and 2012. Careers360 ranked the college among the top 15 in 2011.
- Times Research Education Excellence Award 2010 for Best Engineering College in Delhi-NCR for year 2010
- Award for Technology, Quality & Innovation from Otherways Association Management Club, France for year 2010
- Award for Excellent Academic Results and R&D at International Level from Business Sphere
- Awards for doing excel in the SAE BAJA events http://tachyons.wix.com/tachyons
The admissions admits candidates to the B.Tech. program through two different schemes. Admission to the first year of B.Tech. are based on the performance in the State Entrance Exam of Uttar Pradesh. Candidates who have passed Intermediate of U.P. Board or (10+2) standard from other board are eligible for such an admission.
Candidates are also admitted to the second year of B.Tech. through lateral entry. For securing such admission, the candidate should have passed 3/4 year diploma (with minimum 60% marks) from institutions recognized by the U.P. Board of Technical Education. Further, the institute also takes admission directly for seats remaining vacant after counseling.
- List of colleges affiliated with Mahamaya Technical University
- Mahamaya Technical University
- State Entrance Exam - Uttar Pradesh Technical University
- "Uttar Pradesh Technical University". Archived from the original on 21 April 2012. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- "UPSEE 2012". SEE-UPTU. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- "UPTU Academic Excellence Award 2009" (PDF). Uttar Pradesh Technical University. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 March 2012. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "UPTU Academic Excellence Award 2008" (PDF). Uttar Pradesh Technical University. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 February 2012. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Uttar Pradesh's best Engineering Colleges - 2013". Careers360. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "Achievements". ABES Engineering College. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Circular for bifurcation of UPTU" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- "Institute". ABES Engineering College. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "About ABES Engineering College". IndiaStudyChannel. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Hostels". ABES Engineering College. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Musical soiree for Tsunami Victims". The Tribune, Chandigarh. 20 Mar 2005.
- "SPIC MACAY presents Odissi Recital by Kiran Segal at ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad". DelhiEvents.com. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "SPIC MACAY presents Rudra Veena by Ustad Asad Ali Khan at ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad". DelhiEvents.com. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Qutbi Brother". AllEvents.in. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Seats intake". ABES Engineering College. Archived from the original on 26 July 2012. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- "Uttar Pradesh's best Engineering Colleges - 2012". Careers360. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Best engineering colleges in Uttar Pradesh & Uttarakhand -2011". Careers360. Retrieved 18 June 2012.
- "Admission". ABES Engineering College. Retrieved 26 April 2012.