ABN Andhra Jyothi
The neutrality of this article is disputed. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|ABN Andhra Jyothi|
|Launched||October 15th 2009|
|Network||Amoda Broadcasting Network|
|Owned by||Vemuri Radhakrishna|
|Picture format||16:9 (576i, SDTV) |
1080p or 720p (HDTV) (resolution varies depending on the affiliate)
|Slogan||We report. You decide.|
|Headquarters||Hyderabad, Telangana State, India|
ABN Andhra Jyothi is a Telugu news channel, launched on 15 October 2009 from Telugu daily – "Andhra Jyothi". ABN stands for Aamoda Broadcasting Network.
S. Janardhan, an advocate from Hyderabad filed a petition in Ranga Reddy court seeking action against the misuse of funds by Mr V. Radha krishna, which was collected for the maintenance of Warangal-based conjoined twins Veena and Vani..
The petitioner said that Andhra Jyothyi had been collecting funds from citizens which they promised will be used for their maintenance. While the Telangana government came forward for their surgery, Andhra Jyothyi took up their maintenance. Till June 2015, nearly Rs 25 lakh were collected for the twins..
“But not even a single rupee was spent on the children and the money was diverted for the personal use of Radhakrishna,” said Mr Janardhan in his complaint. The court directed the Saroornagar police to register a case under Section 406, 420, 403 and 120(b) and submit a detailed report on the incident by November 16...
- K.V. Ramana (26 December 2009). "86-yr-old Andhra governor targeted in sleaze CDs". DNA India.
- G.S. Radhakrishna (27 December 2009). "Misuse case against Tiwari". The Telegraph.
- Sravani Telugu (5 April 2018). "ABN Radha Krishna Cheating Twins Veena and Vani". YouTube. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "Conjoined Twins, Broken Promises: Veena and Vani's Painful Story". Thequint.com. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "Andhra Jyothyi MD faces inquiry". Deccanchronicle.com. 4 November 2015. Retrieved 5 August 2018.