|Private Ownership, Limited liability company|
|Founded||1989 by Andrew Banks and Royce Yudkoff|
|Headquarters||111 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Products||Investments, private equity funds|
|Total assets||$2.8 billion|
Number of employees
ABRY Partners is a private equity firm headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts that focuses on investments in media. Since 1989, the firm has completed over $18.0 billion of leveraged transactions and other private equity and mezzanine investments, representing investments in more than 450 media properties.
Notable past, present, and future investments include Act III Broadcasting, Cygnus Business Media, Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Muzak Holdings, Legendary Pictures, Consolidated Theatres, F+W Media, Language Line, Citadel Broadcasting, Monitronics and RCN Corporation.
Senior Investment Professionals at ABRY include: Andrew Banks, Royce Yudkoff, Peggy Koenig, Jay Grossman, Erik Brooks, Peni Garber, and John Hunt.
In October 2010, ABRY Partners acquisition of Outsourced staffing provider 'Comforce Corp' (CFS) for $84.8 million.
The company's name derives from the initials of its two founders, Andrew Banks and Royce Yudkoff.
Notable past investments include Cygnus Business Media, F+W Media, Muzak Holdings, Legendary Pictures, Consolidated Theatres and Citadel Broadcasting. In addition, Abry has invested in Act III Broadcasting, Atlantic Broadband, B&H Education Kidz Bop, Nexstar Broadcasting Group, and Thomsons Online Benefits
- "ABRY PARTNERS, INC. Company Profile". Hoover's. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "Company Overview of ABRY Partners, LLC". Bloomberg Businessweek. 19 November 2015.
- "Comforce To Be Bought By ABRY Partners For About $84.8 Mln". RTTNews. 2 November 2011.
- Chehadé, Fadi. "My Transition from ICANN CEO". 17 August 2015. ICANN. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- "Act III to sell 8 TV Stations" Los Angeles Times, June 22, 1995
- "ABRY and Oak Hill Capital sell Atlantic Broadband to Cogeco Cable".
- "B&H Education - Quad Partners".
- "Razor & Tie Buys Back Kidz Bop".
- "Abry to Sell 3.5M Shares of Nexstar Broadcasting".
- "Thomsons Online Benefits Secures Significant Investment to Exploit Global Trend for Benefits Control".
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|