|Type||Digital high-definition television channel|
|Branding||The Kapamilya Network (Kapamilya is a Tagalog word for a family member.)|
|Slogan||"In the Service of the Filipino Worldwide."|
|Headquarters||ABS-CBN Broadcasting Center, Diliman, Quezon City|
|October 3, 2015|
|1080i (HDTV) 16:9|
ABS-CBN HD is a digital high-definition feed of Philippine network ABS-CBN. It was launched on October 3, 2015 initially on Sky Cable and Destiny Cable HD digital subscribers and later on I Want TV, Sky On Demand, and Sky Direct, broadcasting in 1080i30/25.
In 2007, ABS-CBN produced the first ever Filipino TV series to be shot in high-definition, Rounin, a science fiction, fantasy series created by Erik Matti. This was followed by Budoy in 2011. Prior to this, big budget series like Esperanza, Mula Sa Puso, Pangako Sa 'Yo, and Kay Tagal Kang Hinintay were shot in 16mm film with a 4:3 aspect ratios while low budget series on the other hand were shot in smaller formats. Beginning with Be Careful With My Heart in 2012, all of ABS-CBN's TV series were all produced in high-definition format. Ningning is the first Filipino TV series to be broadcast in HD on October 5, 2015 while Maalaala Mo Kaya is the first mini-series to do so the day before. On the other hand, the first ever locally produced live entertainment program to be broadcast in HD is the musical variety show ASAP on October 4, 2015., while TV Patrol Weekend was the first live news program of the network to transition to HD on April 1, 2018.
On April 19, 2009, Sony announced the acquisition of ABS-CBN of 24 units of its Sony high-definition professional video cameras through a press release published on Sony's official website. On July 11, 2009, ABS-CBN launched a high definition feed of Balls in SkyCable under the name Balls HD, the first local high-definition TV channel in the history of Philippine television. In the same day, Balls HD broadcast the first locally produced coverage of an event in high-definition, the UAAP Season 72 basketball game which was produced by ABS-CBN Sports. In addition, two of its three news helicopters are capable of transmitting high-definition live feeds from its 5 axis gimbal HD camera mounted on the aircraft.
On April 20, 2010, Ikegami, a Japanese manufacturer of professional and broadcast television equipment announced the acquisition of ABS-CBN of 75 units of Ikegami high-definition professional video cameras for electronic news gathering.
On October 3, 2015, ABS-CBN launched a high-definition feed in SkyCable and Destiny Cable under the name ABS-CBN HD. This marked the Philippines' first commercial television network to be launched in high-definition. The said channel will broadcast selected shows of ABS-CBN in true high-definition picture while the remaining shows will be broadcast in upscaled standard definition picture with pillarbox to preserve its original 4:3 aspect ratio.
- ABS-CBN Philippines launches High Definition with Sony HDC-1400 High Definition Portable Studio Cameras, Sony Corporation, archived from the original on 2011-01-11, retrieved March 20, 2012
- "ABS-CBN airs UAAP on high-definition". Manila Bulletin. Archived from the original on July 17, 2009. Retrieved May 20, 2012.
- "ABS-CBN Chooses EVS Tapeless Solutions for Studio and OB Facilities". Wam Pacific, Inc. August 4, 2009. Archived from the original on 2012-04-25. Retrieved March 27, 2012.
- Presenter: Tony Velasques. Future Perfect: ABS-CBN's Broadcast Technology in a Digital Age (TV production). ABS-CBN News Channel. Archived from the original on January 25, 2014.
- "GLOBAL TELEVISION NETWORK ABS-CBN PURCHASES 75 IKEGAMI GFCAM™ HDS-V10 TAPELESS HD FLASH RAM CAMCORDERS" (Press release). Ikegami Tsushinki. April 20, 2010. Retrieved June 19, 2012.
- "ABS-CBN is now available in HD". October 2, 2015.