|Defunct||March 5, 2015|
|Headquarters||ABS-CBN Broadcasting Center, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines|
|Subsidiaries||ABS-CBN Multimedia, Inc.|
ABS-CBN Interactive (stylized as ABSi) is the new media subsidiary of the Philippine media conglomerate ABS-CBN Corporation. In 2015, ABS-CBN Interactive was merged to its parent along with its assets.
ABSi was originally part of ABS-CBN's IT department as the Interactive Media Group (IMG), a group formed and initiated by then IMG Business Manager Victoria Ferro. After 3 years of business development and consistent production of new forms of digital media, the IMG was spun off to a separate subsidiary of the ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation. ABS-CBN Interactive Inc. was formally incorporated in February 1999 with Victoria Ferro as Founder and Managing Director. By the time of incorporation, ABSi had already pioneered many forms of digital media used today including live streaming and Mobile Value Added Services. ABSi was officially established to manage and grow ABS-CBN's digital presence and monetization on the interwebs and on mobile. Later that same year, Carlo Katigbak was appointed the subsidiary's new Managing Director.
Together with its sister company's TV Production team, ABS-CBN Interactive's mobile business started out with the game show, Game KNB? (pronounced as "Game Ka Na Ba?", literally "Are You Game?"), where TV audiences can join through their mobile phones. The company continued to offer mobile value-added services with content sourced from ABS-CBN and its subsidiaries as well as other third-party content suppliers and aggregators. A java platform mobile game was also made based on Game KNB?
The company, in partnership with ABS-CBN Global Ltd., also offers online video streaming with the brand TFC Now! With this service, ABS-CBN audience from around the world can subscribe and watch their favorite ABS-CBN shows anytime via the internet.
ABSi formed a subsidiary, ABS-CBN Multimedia, Inc., to handle their massively multiplayer online role-playing game business. They first offered a game made by Hanbitsoft of Korea to the market - Tantra Online. After two years, they offered two new games - War Rock and Get Amped. A year later, Cronous Pilipinas and N-age were added in the list. Also, Amped was additional game called "Amped Casual Games" sponsored by PopCap Games.
Today, ABSi is responsible for maintaining all of the websites and mobile applications of ABS-CBN Corporation.
Mobile apps (iOS/android/Windows)
- ABS-CBN 360
- ABS-CBN News
- ABS-CBN Publishing
- Chalk Magazine
- StarStudio Magazine
- FOOD Magazine Philippines
- Metro Magazine Philippines
- Metro Home Magazine
- Working Mom Magazine
- Metro Weddings Magazine
- Vault Magazine
- Star Magic Catalogue 2015
- DOST Project NOAH (for iOS only)
- COMELEC Halalan 2016
- iWant TV
- MYX Charts
- Push Showbiz News/Push-Mobile
- iWant Stars
- Sagip Kapamilya
- Balls European Qualifiers
- Free Daily DOS
- Get Amped
- Amped Casual Games
- Ragnarok Online Philippines
- War Rock Philippines
- Cronous Pilipinas
- Tantra Online Philippines
- N-age Philippines
- Multiply (5%)
- TFC Now!
- Careers, retrieved 10 April 2012
- "ABS-CBN on wizardsgroup". Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "ABS-CBN Interactive on Cnet". Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- ABS-CBN Interactive, BayanTel team up for online game ‘Tantra’, retrieved 10 April 2012
- Cronous launches in Philippines, retrieved 10 April 2012
- "Southeast Asia on Livegamer.com". Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- Multiply and ABS-CBN sign online marketing deal, retrieved 10 April 2012
- ABS-CBN Interactive, the multiply business model for businesses, retrieved 1 April 2012