ABU Radio Song Festival 2015
|ABU Radio Song Festival 2015|
|Final||29 May 2015|
|Venue||National Theatre of Yangon, Yangon, Myanmar|
|Host broadcaster||Myanmar Radio and Television (MRTV)|
|Interval act||"Pusaka" by Rosanita Niken, Billy Talahatu and Stella|
|Number of entries||10 songs from 9 countries|
The ABU Radio Song Festival 2015 was the third edition of the ABU Radio Song Festivals, organised by the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU). Originally a biennial event, the festival organisers changed its format to an annual festival commencing from 2014. The festival took place on 29 May 2015 in the city of Yangon, Myanmar. Seventeen songs had been submitted to the event organisers, of which only ten songs from nine countries, were selected to perform at the event. The hosts Myanmar made their début in the festival.
Unlike the format used in the Eurovision Song Contest there are two versions of the Song Festivals, ABU Radio and ABU TV Song Festivals. The ABU Radio Song Festival which will take place on 29 May 2015 coincides with the Radio Asia 2015 event that took place between 28–30 May 2015.
The interval acted featured Rosanita Niken, Billy Talahatu and Stella, performing the song "Pusaka".
A total of seventeen countries took part in this years festival. Host country Myanmar made their début in this years festival along with the Maldives and Palestine. Vietnam and Indonesia also returned to the contest after not participating in 2014. However Australia and Iran both withdrew from the contest.
The following entries had been selected by the ABU to participate in the final of the ABU Radio Song Festival 2015.
|1||Myanmar||Jewel & Eastern||"Mingalar Bar"||Burmese|
|2||Brunei||Dila||"Aku Milik Orang"||Malay|
|3||India||Peepal Tree||"Nayi Kushi"||Hindi|
|4||Indonesia||Billy Talahatu||"Harmonize of the Soul"||Indonesian, English|
|5||South Korea||Jaewon Jung||"View"||Korean|
|7||Singapore||Sufie Rashid||Tiada Pengganti||Malay|
|8||Myanmar||Min Theik Di, Ko Linn & May Ingyin Thaw||"Peaceful Earth"||Burmese|
|9||Thailand||Jack's Fruit Band||"Ban Khong Rao"||Thai|
|10||Vietnam||Dinh Thi Thanh Le||"Nguyen Tai Tue"||Vietnamese|
Did not qualify
Of the seventeen preliminary entries, ten were selected to proceed to the final of the ABU Radio Song Festival. The remaining three did not qualify (as shown in the following table)
|India||Padavi Deshmukh||"Voice of Women"||English|
|Indonesia||Sisca Christin Dama||"Selangkah Lebih Dekat"||Indonesian|
The following four countries withdrew their entries to the contest for a variety of reason.
|Malaysia||Rasyidah Abd Rahim||"Selingkuh Kasih"||Malay|
|Pakistan||Shakeel Mahota||"Pakistan Tu Meri Jaan Hai"||Urdu|
|Palestine||Dalal Abu Amned||"Baladi"||Arabic|
|Sri Lanka||Shadir Ahmed and Wishmi Tharusha Hettiarachchi||"Celebrate Us (Children)"||English|
- Vanuatu and Australia- Radio Australia who participated in the 2012 contest as part of Vanuatu confirmed on 13 March they would not be taking part. However, Commercial Radio Australia, who represented Australia in the ABU Radio Song Festivals have yet to announce their participation plans.
Each participating country was invited to broadcast the event across their respective networks and provide commentary in the native languages to add insight and description to the shows.
- ABU Song Festivals
- ABU TV Song Festival 2015
- Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union
- Eurovision Song Contest 2015
- Eurovision Young Dancers 2015
- Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2015
- Turkvision Song Contest 2015
- "ABU Radio Song Festival 2015". ABU. Archived from the original on 4 December 2014. Retrieved 9 November 2014.
- "ARSF'15: Venue For ABU Radio Song Festival Announced". Eurovoix. 7 May 2015. Retrieved 7 May 2015.
- "Radio Asia 2015". ABU. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- Granger, Anthony (9 November 2014). "Myanmar to host ABU Radio Song Festival 2015". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix. Retrieved 9 November 2014.
- Granger, Anthony (10 May 2015). "ARSF'15: Interval Act Song Released". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- Granger, Anthony. "ARSF'15: 14 Songs Selected For The ABU Radio Song Festival". Eurovoix.com. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- Granger, Anthony (4 December 2014). "Brunei: ABU Radio Song Festival 2015 Participation Confirmed". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- Granger, Anthony. "Indonesia: ABU Radio Song Festival 2015 Participation Confirmed". Eurovoix.com. Retrieved 8 March 2015.
- Granger, Anthony. "ARSF'15: 4 Countries Withdraw From ABU Radio Song Festival 2015". Eurovoix.com. Retrieved 13 June 2015.
- Granger, Anthony. "Australia: Radio Australia Will Not Take Part". Eurovoix.com. Retrieved 14 March 2015.