ACE Rent a Car
||This article possibly contains original research. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Private holding company|
|Headquarters||Indianapolis, Indiana, USA|
Number of locations
|Richard Radzis, CEO
Kevin Stutz, President
Charlie Mullen, COO
Julie Ray, CFO
ACE Rent a Car is a privately held business founded in 1966 by Robert Sorenson. Sorenson began with two car washes in Indianapolis and added 10 Volkswagens to meet the rental needs of the surrounding neighborhoods. The rental business grew organically under the Airways Rent A Car brand. Sorenson expanded to the Indianapolis International Airport, renting vehicles as part of the now defunct American International franchise system from 1969 to -1985.
By 1986, the operation had grown to several locations throughout Indiana and the Chicago area. Sorenson left the American International system and formed the ACE Rent a Car chain. A primary motivation for this change was the need to be represented on the emerging Global Distribution Systems (GDS), such as Sabre, PARS, and Apollo. Although ACE was a relatively small company, it became a leading adopter of GDS technology, and launched its affiliate system the same year.
In 2012, the ACE car rental chain had more than 350 affiliated locations worldwide. The company headquarters are in Indianapolis, Indiana. In addition to serving the major North American airports, the ACE system has a concentration on leisure destinations in the Caribbean, Central and South America, and destinations in the UK, Europe, Asia and Australia.
In 2011, ACE was ranked highest in customer satisfaction in the J.D. Power & Associates annual industry consumer survey. In 2012, ACE was named one of fifty J.D. Power Customer Service Champions across twenty service industries.
- Stoller, Gary (November 15, 2011). "Fairly unknown ACE Rent A Car No. 1 with customers". ABC news. Retrieved September 2, 2012.
- "J.D. Power recognizes travel providers as customer service champs". Los Angeles Times. March 28, 2012. Retrieved September 2, 2012.
- "Travel providers recognized". The Miami Herald. March 28, 2012. Retrieved September 2, 2012.
- Pawlowski, A. (November 15, 2011). "Study: ACE is tops among car rental companies". CNN. Retrieved September 2, 2012.
- Pawlowski, A. (March 14, 2012). "JetBlue, Southwest, Virgin America get top customer-service marks". MSNBC. Retrieved September 2, 2012.
- "Overall Satisfaction with Rental Cars Increases for a Second Year, Nearing 2006 Levels". JD Power and Associates. November 15, 2011. Retrieved September 2, 2012.