ACM SIGGRAPH is the New York–based Association for Computing Machinery's Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques. It was founded in 1969 by Andy van Dam (its direct predecessor, ACM SICGRAPH was founded two years earlier in 1967).
ACM SIGGRAPH convenes the annual SIGGRAPH conference, attended by tens of thousands of computer professionals. The organization also sponsors other conferences around the world, and regular events are held by its professional and student chapters in several countries. The organization's stated values are excellence, integrity, volunteerism, passion and cross-disciplinary interaction.
Professional and Student Chapters Committee
The Professional and Student Chapters Committee (PSCC) is the leadership group that oversees the activities of ACM SIGGRAPH Chapters around the world. Details about Local Chapters can be found below.
International Resources Committee
The International Resources Committee (IRC) facilitates throughout the year worldwide collaboration in the ACM SIGGRAPH community, provides an English review service to help submitters whose first language is not English, and encourages participation in all SIGGRAPH conference venues, activities, and events.
Professional and Student Chapters
Within their local areas, Chapters continue the work of ACM SIGGRAPH on a year-round basis via their meetings and other activities. Each ACM SIGGRAPH Professional and Student Chapter consists of individuals involved in education, research & development, the arts, industry and entertainment. ACM SIGGRAPH Chapter members are interested in the advancement of computer graphics and interactive techniques, its related technologies and applications. For the annual conference, some of the Chapters produce a "Fast Forward" overview of activities.
Listed below are some examples of Chapter activities:
- MetroCAF is the annual NYC Metropolitan Area College Computer Animation Festival, organized by the New York City chapter of ACM SIGGRAPH.
- Bogota ACM SIGGRAPH has become one of the largest Animation and VFX events in Latin America, counting more than 6,000 registered attendees in 2015’s edition.
- ACM SIGGRAPH Helsinki runs an evening-long graphics conference called SyysGraph, which is held autumn every year. The seminar strives to bring the latest updates of the 3D graphics field, demos, animations and interactive technologies. The presentations are held in English.
- Silicon Valley ACM SIGGRAPH held "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" Visual Effects Panel with Industrial Light & Magic.
- Association for Computing Machinery
- ACM Transactions on Graphics
- Computer Graphics, its defunct quarterly periodical publication.
- SIGGRAPH Conferences