ACM Transactions on Algorithms
|Edited by||Aravind Srinivasan|
|ISO 4||ACM Trans. Algorithms|
ACM Transactions on Algorithms (TALG) is a quarterly peer-reviewed scientific journal covering the field of algorithms. It was established in 2005 and is published by the Association for Computing Machinery. The editor-in-chief is Aravind Srinivasan (University of Maryland). The journal was created when the editorial board of the Journal of Algorithms resigned out of protest to the pricing policies of the publisher, Elsevier. Apart from regular submissions, the journal also invites selected papers from the ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA).
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in the Science Citation Index Expanded, Current Contents/Engineering, Computing & Technology, and Scopus. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2013 impact factor of 0.400.
The following persons have been editors-in-chief of the journal:
- Harold Gabow (2005-2008)
- Susanne Albers (2008-2014)
- Aravind Srinivasan (2014-present)
- Gabow, Hal. "Journal of Algorithms Resignation". Department of Computer Science, University of Colorado Boulder. Retrieved 2015-05-29.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2015-03-16.
- "Content overview". Scopus. Elsevier. Retrieved 2015-03-16.
- "ACM Transactions on Algorithms". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.
- "ACM Transactions on Algorithms (TALG)". ACM Digital Library. Association for Computing Machinery. Retrieved 2015-05-29.