Association of Car Rental Industry Systems Standards
The Association of Car Rental Industry Systems Standards (ACRISS) is an industry body for car rental companies in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Amongst the standards produced by ACRISS is the Car Classification Code.
Current ACRISS members include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Maggiore Blacklane, Car Rental Gateway, Amadeus, Karhoo, GroundScope, Rentalcars.com, Sabre, TaxiTender, Travelport, Mycab, National Car Rental .
The objectives of ACRISS are "to develop clear common standards for Car Rental services and Transfers (Vehicle with Driver Service Industry) in Europe, Middle East & Africa." ACRISS has developed standardised codes for classifying cars (including the optional equipment that is fitted), optional extras, airport locations and locations in general.
Car Classification Code
The car classification code has been create to allow car rental companies to communicate the characteristics of a car using a standardised system, in order to prevent misleading information when booking a rental car. The code describes the category, body style, transmission, driven wheels (FWD, RWD or AWD), fuel type (or electric/hybrid vehicle) and whether air-conditioning is fitted.
Trans / Driven wheels
Fuel / air-con
- IDAD – Intermediate category, 4/5 doors, automatic transmission, diesel engine, air-conditioning fitted
- ECMQ – Economy category, 2/4 doors, manual transmission, diesel engine, no air-conditioning
- PCAV – Premium category, 2/4 doors, automatic transmission, petrol engine, air-conditioning fitted
- IGDV – Intermediate Crossover vehicle, automatic transmission, petrol engine, air-conditioning fitted
- "ACRISS". www.hertzheroes.eu. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- "Who We Are". www.acriss.org. Retrieved 3 December 2018.
- "Acriss members". www.acriss.org. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "Car Rental Vehicle Classifications Demystified". www.autoslash.com. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- "Acriss - What we do". www.acriss.org. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- "ACRISS Car Classification System (ACCS) Codes 2006" (PDF). www.europcar4agents.com. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- "ACRISS Car Classification Code". www.autocardatabase.com. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- "Confused by Car Hire? Car Hire Classes Explained". www.zestcarrental.com. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- "How to read ACRISS code for car rentals". www.sixt.com. Retrieved 7 December 2018.