ACS International Schools
|ACS International Schools|
Hillingdon, Greater London
Doha (opened in September 2011)
|School type||Private Pre-school–12th grade|
|Founder||Gordon E Speed and Emmanuel J Poularas|
|Age||2 to 18|
|Campus||Four locations: Cobham, Egham, Hillingdon, Doha|
|Mascot||Cobham: Cougars, Egham: Jaguars, Hillingdon: Hawks, Doha: Dolphins|
|Accreditation||The New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Tuition||£4,000-£34,600 (per annum)|
ACS International Schools is a group of four private schools, three in England and one in Qatar. Until 2005, the organisation was known as American Community Schools. The four campuses are in Cobham and Egham in Surrey and in the London Borough of Hillingdon and Doha, Qatar which has opened in September 2011.
The head office is in Heywood House in Cobham.
Situated in Surrey, 15 miles from Central London, ACS Cobham offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma and an American curriculum including the Advanced Placement courses. Accommodating both day and boarding requirements, with separate-wing dormitory facilities for over 100 boys and girls grades 8 to 12. ACS Cobham is also a sporting powerhouse at ISST's, having won the Eddie Huffard award for the past four years. ACS Cobham's biggest rival is the American School of London.
Rajput prince Ankit Love, the youngest candidate for Mayor of London in 2016, claimant to the royal title of Maharaja Jammu and Kashmir, and 2019 Prime Minister of India candidate, was once the High School president of ACS Cobham.
The sports facilities at ACS Cobham, were used by FC Barcelona for a youth academy in 2011. Due to ACS Cobham's close proximity to Chelsea FC's training ground, it was subject to media attention when Brendan Rodgers was noticed there in 2015.
A day school that is located less than 15-mile (24 km) from Central London. The nearest tube stations are: Uxbridge and Hillingdon tube stations. The school is centered on Hillingdon Court, purchased by the organization in 1978. New buildings adjoining the mansion were built in 1986 incorporating a gymnasium and cafeteria; a new wing was built in 1997. ACS Hillingdon rests on an 11-acre campus that encompasses a mansion house and modern wing extension with libraries, science and IT labs, art studios, cafeteria, gym, auditorium, and a dedicated music centre called Harmony House. ACS Hillingdon offers a wide range of academic curriculum that to bests prepares their students for attending university internationally. Their academic program offers courses that satisfy the requirements needed for the International Baccalaureate Program, Advanced Placement (AP) courses, US High School Diploma, and Honors program.
The newest campus opened in September 2011, initially enrolling students from 3 to 14 years of age. At the ribbon cutting ceremony, the head of school Tom Lehman, was joined by Sheikh Abdullah Al-Thani.
- Ugo Brachetti Peretti (1983) – Italian nobility, and chairman of oil company Anonima Petroli Italiana
- Aaron Eckhart (1986) – actor
- Alex Corbisiero (2005) – rugby player
- Dave Weigel (2001) – writer
- Ankit Love (2002) – Kashmiri royalty, and founder of the One Love Party
- Christian Bakkerud (2003) – GP2 and Le Mans race car driver
- Frank Simek (2003) – United States national soccer team player
- Nick Gindre (2003) – footballer in South African Premier Soccer League
- Omar Fayed (2006) – director of Hotel Ritz Paris and ex-director of Harrods and Fulham F.C.
- Max Ehmer (2010) – footballer for QPR
- Robin Cavalli (2012)
- Arkadiy Abramovich – founder of ARA Capital
- "Contact Us ACS Head Office." ACS International Schools. Retrieved on April 17, 2016. "ACS International Schools, Heywood House, Portsmouth Road, Cobham, Surrey KT11 1BL, England"
- "Ankit Love on ITV News". Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- "Prime Minister Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019 Lok Sabha Elections". Outlook India. Retrieved 2017-03-05.
- "People of London Get Ready, Here Comes One Love Party". NewsGram. 2016-05-04. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- "Barcelona to set up academy near Chelsea". Telegraph. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- "Rodgers' visit to school near Chelsea training ground sparks rumours". Evening Standard. 2015-11-10. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- Pearce 2007, p.50
- "Who We Are". ACS Hillingdon International School.
- "History of the estate, ACS Hillingdon". ACS International Schools. 2011. Retrieved 12 June 2011.
- "ACS Doha International School opens in Qatar". Qatar is Booming. 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Meet Ankit Love, The 32-Year-Old 'Maharaja Of Jammu & Kashmir' Running For London Mayor". Huffington Post India. Retrieved 2017-04-02.
- Robinson, James (2006-11-18). "Omar, 19, joins Harrods board". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Roberto Cavalli takes front row at son's graduation - Telegraph". fashion.telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Pearce, Ken. (2007) Hillingdon Village. Stroud: Sutton Publishing ISBN 978-0-7509-4675-9