|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||344.51 g/mol|
|3D model (JSmol)|
ADB-PINACA is a cannabinoid designer drug that is an ingredient in some synthetic cannabis products. It is a potent agonist of the CB1 receptor and CB2 receptor with EC50 values of 0.52 nM and 0.88 nM respectively. Like MDMB-FUBINACA, this compound contains an amino acid residue of tert-leucine.
Nineteen ADB-PINACA major metabolites were identified in several incubations with cryopreserved human hepatocytes. Major metabolic reactions included pentyl hydroxylation, hydroxylation followed by oxidation (ketone formation), and glucuronidation.
ADB-PINACA is listed in the Fifth Schedule of the Misuse of Drugs Act (MDA) and therefore illegal in Singapore as of May 2015.
As of October 2015 ADB-PINACA is a controlled substance in China.
- Samuel D Banister; Michael Moir; Jordyn Stuart; Richard C Kevin; Katie E Wood; Mitchell Longworth; Shane M Wilkinson; Corinne Beinat; Alxendra S Buchanan; Michelle Glass; Mark Connor; Iain S McGregor; Michael Kassiou (July 2015). "The pharmacology of indole and indazole synthetic cannabinoid designer drugs AB-FUBINACA, ADB-FUBINACA, AB-PINACA, ADB-PINACA, 5F-AB-PINACA, 5F-ADB-PINACA, ADBICA and 5F-ADBICA". ACS Chemical Neuroscience. 6: 1546–59. doi:10.1021/acschemneuro.5b00112. PMID 26134475.
- "ADB-PINACA". Forendex.
- "CDC: 221 sickened by synthetic pot in Colorado". USA Today. December 12, 2013.
- Michael D. Schwartz; et al. (March 2015). "A Common Source Outbreak of Severe Delirium Associated with Exposure to the Novel Synthetic Cannabinoid ADB-PINACA". Journal of Emergency Medicine. 48 (5): 573–580. doi:10.1016/j.jemermed.2014.12.038. PMID 25726258.
- Jordan Trecki; Roy R. Gerona; Michael D. Schwartz (July 2015). "Synthetic Cannabinoid–Related Illnesses and Deaths". New England Journal of Medicine. 373 (2): 103–107. doi:10.1056/NEJMp1505328. PMID 26154784.
- Jeremy Carlier; Xingxing Diao; Karl Scheidweiler; Marilyn A. Huestis (May 2017). "Distinguishing Intake of New Synthetic Cannabinoids ADB-PINACA and 5F-ADB-PINACA with Human Hepatocyte Metabolites and High-Resolution Mass Spectrometry". Clinical Chemistry. 63 (5): 1008–1021. doi:10.1373/clinchem.2016.267575.
- "CNB NEWS RELEASE". Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB). 30 April 2015. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Schedules of controlled substances: temporary placement of four synthetic cannabinoids into Schedule I. Final order". Fed. Regist. 79 (27): 7577–7582. Feb 10, 2014. PMID 24605391.
- "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.