|Traded as||LSE: AFN|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
ADVFN (LSE: AFN) is a financial market website. It provides online data and services to private investors such as stock quotes, charts, news, FOREX, Futures & Options and stock screeners. The site currently covers in excess of 70 stock exchanges from across the globe. It is known for its active bulletin boards (internet forums).
ADVFN was established in the last quarter of 1999 and floated on AIM in March 2000. It now has over 2,000,000 registered users. In February 2006, ADVFN bought Equity Holdings Limited - the owner of research brand Equity Development.
In September 2006, ADVFN acquired InvestorsHub.com - an online investment community website in the North American market. In recent years, ADVFN has expanded from the UK to Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico and United States with geo- and language-targeted financial sites in these territories.
In February, 2011, ADVFN launched Level 2 Montage - a system combining four Level 2 order books trading simultaneously. It includes the order books of Chi-X Global, Turquoise and PLUS as well as the London Stock Exchange.
In 2016, the site introduced its Follow Feed tool to deliver stocks information tailored to the individual user. The tool allows investors to collect up the stocks that interest them and then see real-time data on: price breakouts, high volume trades, order book activity, news, regulatory announcements, broker ratings and stock chat. Follow Feed is presented in a timeline style using the social media format of news feeds. ADVFN followed up with Brexit Follow Feed, a newsfeed showing the same data as Follow Feed, but specifically for stocks, indices and currency pairs that are identified as Brexit correlated.
- "ADVFN PLC, AFN:LSE summary - FT.com". Markets.ft.com. 2013-09-19. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "It's not smart to try and predict dollar's future". GulfNews.com. 2011-08-27. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "Best stock screening products". Investors Chronicle. 2008-06-16. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "ADVFN Reviews". Trade2win.com. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "Bulletin board posters sued for defamation". Telegraph. 2008-01-13. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "From Dotcom Survivor To Facebook Of Finance? Clem Chambers Discusses ADVFN's Future In Social Investing Online | Edward Croft". Stockopedia.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120922070758/http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=10678066. Archived from the original on September 22, 2012. Retrieved July 6, 2011. Missing or empty
- "ADVFN Share Price - AFN Share Price Quotes, Charts, RNS & Stock Market News". Stockopedia.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "ADVFN PLC AFN New Product Announcement". Bloomberg. 2011-02-22. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "ADVFN launches Follow Feed – Company Announcement - FT.com". announce.ft.com. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- Finextra (2017-02-07). "ADVFN releases Brexit Feed". Finextra Research. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- Johnson, Miles (2010-08-09). "Online chatroom rumours under scrutiny". FT.com. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- O'Brien, Rosalba. "Special Report: The stock, the Web, the CEO and his lawyers". Reuters. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110725072443/http://www.investorschronicle.co.uk/InvestmentGuides/Shares/article/20080402/5657c004-fff0-11dc-b9f5-0015171400aa/Small-shareholders-Advice--case-studies.jsp. Archived from the original on July 25, 2011. Retrieved April 6, 2011. Missing or empty