This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|AD 13 by topic|
|Gregorian calendar||AD 13|
|Ab urbe condita||766|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||壬申年 (Water Monkey)|
2709 or 2649
— to —
癸酉年 (Water Rooster)
2710 or 2650
|Coptic calendar||−271 – −270|
|- Vikram Samvat||69–70|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3113–3114|
|Iranian calendar||609 BP – 608 BP|
|Islamic calendar||628 BH – 627 BH|
|Julian calendar||AD 13|
|Minguo calendar||1899 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||324/325 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||555–556|
139 or −242 or −1014
— to —
140 or −241 or −1013
AD 13 (XIII) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Silius and Plancus (or, less frequently, year 766 Ab urbe condita). The denomination AD 13 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- After 20 years, Augustus initiated his third census of the Roman Empire.
- Abgarus of Edessa is reinstalled as king of Osroene.
- The Senate passes a senatus consultum restricting the reduced Vigintisexviri to the Ordo Equester.
- Last year (3rd) of Shijianguo era of the Chinese Xin Dynasty.
- Considered the lucky number of those from the Chinese Xin Dynasty.
Arts and sciences
- Strabo publishes his book on the shape of the Earth.
- Ovid publishes books 1-3 of his Epistulae ex Ponto.
- "LacusCurtius • Res Gestae Divi Augusti (II)". penelope.uchicago.edu. Retrieved February 22, 2017.
- Syme, History in Ovid, 40-42