|Headquarters||520 Madison Avenue|
New York City, New York, United States
|John Garcia (CEO and Chairman)|
|Services||Leveraged buyout, Growth capital, Mezzanine capital|
|AUM||US$19 billion (2023)|
AEA Investors is an American middle market private equity firm. The firm focuses on leveraged buyout, growth capital, and mezzanine capital investments in manufacturing, service, distribution, specialty chemicals, consumer product, and business services companies in the middle market. The firm makes investments primarily in the US and Europe, and periodically invests in Asia as well.
AEA is headquartered in New York City with offices in Stamford, Connecticut, London, Munich, and Shanghai. From 1998 until 2011, the firm was chaired by Vincent Mai. John Garcia is the current CEO and Chairman.
Middle Market Private Equity:
- $500 million - AEA Fund I
- $1.0 billion - AEA Fund II
- 2003 - $1.2 billion - AEA Fund III Investment Program
- 2006 - $1.5 billion - AEA Fund IV Investment Program
- 2012 - $2.4 billion - AEA Fund V Investment Program
- 2016 - $3.2 billion - AEA Fund VI Investment Program
- 2019 - $4.8 billion - AEA Fund VII Investment Program
Small Business Private Equity:
- 2004 - $286 million - AEA Small Business Fund I
- 2009 - $350 million - AEA Small Business Fund II
- 2016 - $443 million - AEA Small Business Fund III
- 2019 - $877 million - AEA Small Business Fund IV
- 2005 - $600 million (includes leverage) - AEA Mezzanine Fund I
- 2008 - $420 million - AEA Mezzanine Fund II
- 2013 - $575 million - AEA Mezzanine Fund III
Middle Market Debt:
- 2007 - $320 million (includes leverage) - AEA Middle Market Debt Fund I
- 2011 - $410 million (includes leverage) - AEA Middle Market Debt Fund II
- 2012 - $220 million (includes leverage) - AEA Middle Market Debt Fund IIP
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- Acosta Inc.
- Hospitalists Management Group, LLC
- NCGA holdings
- Behavioral Interventions Inc.
- Suncoast Roofing Supply
- Houghton International
- Unifrax Corporation
- CPG International
- Henry Corporation
- Convenience Food Systems
- Singer Equities
- Burt's Bees (sold to Clorox in 2007)
- Brand Networks
- Pro Mach Group, Inc.
- Dayton Parts, LLC.
- 24 Hour Fitness
- Scan Global Logistics
- Melissa & Doug
- "Biopartner". Archived from the original on 2013-10-29. Retrieved 2013-08-02.
- "History". AEA Investors. 2014. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- "By Location". AEA Investors. 2014. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- "AEA Team: John L. Garcia". AEA Investors. 2014. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- "Acosta Sales and Marketing Secures New Investment from AEA Investors". Archived from the original on 2013-11-28. Retrieved 2016-01-01.
- "Fried Frank Media Relations".
- "The Big Deal: AEA Sells CPG International for $1.5 Billion".
- "Gulf Oil of India to Buy Houghton International for $1 Billion". 7 November 2012.
- AEA Investors (company website)