National Capital Regional Command (Philippines)
|National Capital Regional Command|
|Branch||Joint Service Branch|
|Role||Conventional and Unconventional Warfare, Anti-Guerrilla Operations, Anti-coup Operations, and Crowd Control Management|
|Size||2 Brigade Size Units|
|Part of||Under the Armed Forces of the Philippines|
|Garrison/HQ||Camp Gen Emilio Aguinaldo, Quezon City|
|Motto(s)||"Karangalan, Paglilingkod at Katapatan"; "Honor, Duty, Loyalty"|
|Engagements||Anti-coup d' etat Operations, Anti-dissidence, and Community Development Operations|
Philippine Republic Presidential Unit Citation Badge
|Lt Gen Tristan M Kison AFP|
|MGen Alberto Braganza AFP, BGen Ben Mohammad Dolorfino AFP, MGen Fernando Mesa AFP|
|Unit Patch||NCR Command Emblem|
The National Capital Regional Command, known officially as the NCRCom or NCRC, is one the Armed Forces of the Philippines' former Wide Support Commands Combating Terrorism-Insurgency and act as support units to the Philippine National Police-National Capital Region in maintaining peace and order within Metro Manila. They also support SoLCom in anti-dissidence operations in Cavite and Laguna.
The forerunner of the National Capital Regional Command was the National Capital Region Defense Command. Established on January 2, 1987, the unit was primarily created to provide security and support services to the Presidential Security Group in the event of a coup d'état or civil disobedience created by supporters of the former regime.
The unit had its baptism of fire during the a Coup Attempt staged by Gregorio Honasan's "Reform the Armed Forces Movement" (RAM) in 1986, and another bloody Coup in 1989 led by Major Abraham Purungganan (INF) PA and Captain Danilo Lim (INF) PA.
NCRDC was deactivated in August 1, 1991 by then President Fidel Ramos and downsized it to a Joint Task Force (JTF Libra).
Civil unrests during the time of President Gloria Arroyo led to the re-activation of the unit on November 3, 2003.
The colors of the unit were once again placed in retirement as it was deactivated on July 12, 2012, following the retirement of its Commanding General.
Their mission is to conduct sustained Internal Security Operations (ISO) in the National Capital Region to neutralize the Communist-Terrorist Movement (CTM)and reduce their operational capabilities. One of their missions is to support local Law Enforcement as well as the Philippine National Police in containing the NPA while supporting the peace process; and destroy the JI network operating in their AOR. This is needed to establish a secured seat of government for the country and maintain a physically & psychologically sound environment conducive to growth and development within Metro Manila.
- Headquarters & Headquarters Service Support Company
- 7th Civil Relations Group, AFP
Philippine Air Force Component
- 1st Marine Battalion Landing Team, PN
- Naval Forces Reserve - NCR
- 202nd Naval Squadron, PN
- 4th Naval Construction Battalion, PN
- 4th Marine Brigade, PN
Philippine Army Component
- 1st Mechanized Infantry Battalion, PA
- 1st Armored Cavalry Troop, PA
- 5th Civil-Military Operations Battalion, PA
- 86th Infantry Battalion, PA
- 80th Infantry Battalion, PA
- 15th Infantry Division, PA
Lineage of Commanders
- National Capital Region Defense Command (NCRDC)
- LTGEN SALVADOR M MISON AFP - 02 Jan 1987 - 21 Sept 1987
- MGEN RAMON E MONTAÑO AFP
- BGEN RAYMUNDO T JARQUE AFP
- LTGEN THELMO Y CUNANAN AFP
- MGEN ALEXANDER P AGUIRRE AFP
- GEN RODOLFO G BIAZON AFP - 23 Jan 1988 - 01 Aug 1991
- National Capital Regional Command (NCRCOM)
- LTGEN ALBERTO F BRAGANZA AFP - 03 Nov 2003 - 04 Nov 2004
- LTGEN ALAN D CABALQUINTO AFP - 04 Nov 2004 - 19 May 2006
- BGEN SALVADOR G PEÑAFLOR AFP - 19 May 2006 - 29 Jun 2006
- BGEN JUANITO P GOMEZ AFP - 29 Jun 2006 - 12 Sept 2006
- MGEN BEN D DOLORFINO AFP - 12 Sept 2006 - 07 Sept 2007
- MGEN FERNANDO L MESA AFP - 07 Sept 2006 - 02 Jun 2008
- MGEN ARSENIO R ARUGAY AFP - 07 Jun 2008 - 06 Feb 2009
- MGEN JOGY L FOJAS AFP - 06 Feb 2009 - 06 Nov 2009
- MGEN REYNALDU B MAPAGU AFP - 06 Nov 2009 - 13 Mar 2010
- RADM FELICIANO A ANGUE AFP - 13 Mar 2010 - 12 Aug 2010
- MGEN ARTHUR I TABAQUERO AFP - 12 Aug 2010 - 24 Nov 2010
- BGEN ROMEO F FAJARDO AFP - 24 Nov 2010 - 23 Dec 2010
- MGEN TRISTAN M KISON AFP - 23 Dec 2010 - 11 Jul 2012
- Anti-guerrilla operations against the New People's Army
- Anti-terrorist operations against known terror groups operating in their AOR.
- Community Development of identified urban poor areas within the National Capital Region
- Intelligence and Counter-Intelligence Operations against government destabilizers.
- Disaster Relief, Rescue and Rehabilitation Operations.
Awards and Decorations
|Award Streamer||Streamer Name||Operation||Date Awarded||Reference|
|Presidential Unit Citation Badge||SAR/DRR Ops, TS Ketsana||4 February 2010||General Orders No. 112, GHQ-AFP, dtd 04 Feb '10|
|Presidential Unit Citation Badge||General Elections, Philippines||1 July 2010||General Orders No. 641, GHQ-AFP, dtd 1 July '10|
|Military Badge||Badge Name||Operation||Date Awarded||Reference|
|AFP Election Duty Badge||General Elections, Philippines||21 May 2010||General Orders No. 513, GHQ-AFP, dtd 21 May '10|
- 710th Special Operations Wing
- http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=84234 Report on Community Service missions rendered by the AFP NCRC.